Ki Comes Home (and Brings the SPAM!)

edited February 2010 in Other Breeds
Sorry for the delay in posting an update. As you can imagine, been taking some time to settle and really enjoy having Ki back with us. He's been home for just over a week now and everything is going really well.

We picked him up in California the day before Valentine's day. I'm apologizing now for not having pictures of that part but I was really focused on the whole experience of seeing him again after so long. I was expecting that he'd be excited and fearing he'd be wary but instead he looked at me as if to say, "That was a long weekend. Is this our car? I'll go ahead and get in."

Really he acted like I had been gone for a short business trip and was ready to go home. No big deal. He handled it better than I did. :D

We headed back to Colorado on Valentine's Day. Having Ki back was pretty much the best V-Day gift ever. He was awesome in the car over two days of driving with one overnight stop and we were greeted with snow when we finally got home.

Ki had never seen snow before but he has always loved the cold and he took to it right away.

looking like a Land's End catalogsnowy urban trailsKi enjoys the snowalertbundled up in the melting snow

I was even excited to be back on poop duty...
the excitement of responsible pet ownership

Ki has gained a bit of weight which should come off quickly with all the exercise he is getting (and likely the much more limited amount of treats). He and Jericho (the cat) are getting along for the most part (do not doubt there will be another post all about that). We are looking forward to continuing his training and finding activities out here but I just wanted to let you all know that we made it home and he's getting very comfy.
snugging up after a cold walk

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hooray!
    Happy that your reunion was so even. Good boy.
    Its fine not to take pictures when its more important to Be Here Now. type o thing. you know.
    :)
  • edited November -1
    I'm not at all surprised you were more worked up over the reunion than he was. But it's still good to hear things went so well! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Rainy!!!! :D
  • edited November -1
    Glad that you guys are reunited! :)
  • edited November -1
    YAY for being reunited!!! Love your excited "poop duty" face:)
  • edited November -1
    Glad the reunion went so well and that things seem to be pretty much on an even keel.
  • edited November -1
    YAY!!
  • edited November -1
    That's so awesome he was not freaked out. I was nervous for you guys... Us humans are so silly worrying about things like that, we should just know that our dogs are "on it" - no need to worry. lol

----
  • edited November -1
    Happy to hear the reunion went well & you have your babe back! :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Ooooh, so this was the little guy that needed a new vet. How adorable, congrats on reuniting!
  • edited November -1
    Woo woooo!!!!! I am so happy for you. Makes me appreciate poop duty a bit more