Really?

edited February 2010 in Products & DIY
Sometimes I have to wonder, WTF are people thinking with products like this? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it, but it seems pretty silly to me. Don't you think? A stroller, for your dog? Your dog who is 15lbs or less... Seriously?...

Comments

• edited November -1
    Yeh, let's get some more poluting chinese plastics on the street. Let us make sure our dogs stop moving too and get insuline resistance and finaly diabetes since they stop using their four legs. It is just crazy, I agree!
  • edited November -1
    Let me present the flipside....

I have a shiba that is dog reactive, but loves people. When we go out and about where there might be other dogs, she's in a sling. She loves the sling. She gets all of her walks away from other dogs, so she's still using her four legs. She also needs to continue her socialization. There are times when having a stroller could be a bit more convenient to carry Jazz (like when my arthritis is acting up), so that she can go with me.

Most people that would buy this isn't thinking about protecting other dogs from their dog - they just think it's cute. So, before you judge the owner, please consider what their motive is.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, I was trying to think of a viable reason for this, say some sort of injury to the owner but yet I still couldn't think that it would be good for the dog to always be in a stroller. However, the situation you present makes a lot of sense. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone. If I did, it's not what I meant to do. I sometimes have a talent for open mouth - insert foot. :(
  • edited November -1
    This seems to be a very good reason, but let's avoid using dogs just as fashion items. That cannot be all to good for the animal.
  • edited November -1
    In California where people can be a bit pretentious these are used to look fashionable.

However, I also have a neighbor who is a cross country runner and has a tiny little dog. She has a running stroller, so she can go out and run 10 miles to train and her dog doesn't have to stay home for a couple of hours alone. He tends to rip stuff up and cries so loud in a crate that it disturbs us, her neighbors. It is a little funny looking though.
  • edited November -1
    No offense taken whatsoever - for those that have heard Jazz do her nasty growl, they understand why I get her above the fray!
  • edited November -1
    I confess when Piglet got hurt and had knee surgery I considered a stroller for her so she could still be out with the other dogs when they got walked.

And frankly Piglet was a large pit bull and so I kinda thought it would be hilarious too.

Lj and I have proposed rational reasons for a stroller. That said most of the time it is normally being used by the same people who dress their dogs like little people and really should just give up and adopt a human...
  • edited November -1
    So true, Jess, so true!
  • edited November -1
    I actually know a Canaan dog breeder (I met her when I was considering getting a Canaan dog, before I decided on a Shikoku) who socializes her young puppies by taking them around in a stroller. That way she could get them out and about before they had all their vaccinations and they have less of a risk of catching anything :)
  • edited November -1
    I think the stroller is a GREAT idea for "sneaking" kittys and puppies into a store where they aren't allowed =p.

When Shoushuu was a puppy, I stuffed him in a duffle bag and carried him with me into a book store. His head was sticking out of the bag but the employees there didn't seem to mind because all they could concentrate on was how freakin' cute he was, lol.

Baby Shoushuu was adorable!

You're right though...they do have ridiculous items out there for animals, lol.
  • edited November -1
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! How could anyone not love that face??!?!

I want baby Shoushou T_T ~
  • edited November -1
    He's all grown up now =/.
  • edited November -1
    I know! & he's still adorable, but nothing quite compares with puppy-cuteness :) ~
  • edited November -1
    I stumbled across some of these while I was searching for human baby strollers. I just had to laugh when I imagined me strolling three kids and three dogs in some kind of super six-seater, lol. Seriously, though, my dogs can walk.
  • edited November -1
    [Osy - I'll just have to get a "new" puppy to replace him, lol...but Shoushuu will always be my #1 man!]

Heidi!

I think you should get stroller to fit the 3 kids with an area on the back of stroller for you to stand comfortably on. Then attach dogs in harness to stroller! 1 lead dog and 2 in the back...yes, yes...this would be fascinating and a great way for you to exercise dogs and get the kids out of the house =).
  • edited November -1
    I was at an art show last week in Florida. It was out doors and tons of people had their dogs with them, but I think I saw more dogs in strollers (typically dressed up) than kids! It was unreal! One lady even had her two pups in a rolling backpack thing (think luggage). Those dogs could not have been comfortable!