[Want to Find] Japanese Dog ID Tags

edited October 2009 in Products & DIY
Not a review so much as research.

When I lived in the Japantown area of San Jose, CA I thought it would be neat for Ki to have a bi-lingual ID tag. Ideally, I would want one side of the tag to have all of his normal English-language information and then the other side to have the kanji or hiragana for his name. I didn't have much luck finding anything like that and it popped into my head again so I figured I'd ask here.

I could also settle for a separate tag with the engraving but I'd want it to be dog-friendly so he could wear it safely and comfortably. Also I don't mind ordering something online from a reliable source but it would need to be able to be shipped to the US.

Do any of you have any ideas for finding this sort of thing or having it made?

Comments

• edited November -1
    How about bringing what you want written in the language you want written to a company that specializes in hand engraving. Sometimes you'll find people doing this at arts & crafts or trade shows, usually engraving jewelry or other gifts. Bring a blank dog ID tag and ask if they can engrave what you want on it.

You can also try doing it yourself by getting a dremmel (sp?) with the right tips and some blank dog ID tags.

Try also visiting shops that engrave award trophies, like the trophies you see at childrens' sports events or given out as office gifts. You can ask if they can engrave a custom design, and cost and all that.
  • edited November -1
    What you can do is make the characters into an image and hit up your local mall where there is engraving kiosks. They can engrave images since they may not have the Japanese characters font.
  • edited November -1
    Awesome ideas! Thank you so much.