Just some Jindo pics

aykayk
edited October 2009 in Other Breeds
Here is a youngster located in California. Parents were both imports who were owned by different Jindo judges.

Comments

• edited November -1
    What a cutie! I have a Jindo a couple doors down from me. ARF here in Walnut Creek picks up Jindo/Jindo Mixes from Central California to adopt out here in the Bay Area.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Before the recession, it was easier to place pure-looking Jindo rescues in the Bay Area than elsewhere. Now, things are slow everywhere.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, it's sad. All the shelters are full. Luckily San Francisco has a new no-kill shelter but even it, as big as it is, is getting full. The foreclosures here are leaving so many people and animals without homes.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    A male Jindo dog out of import parents. Blk/tan x white. Kinda oversized.

He was raised to be a schuzhund prospect by someone who owned and trained Schuzhund rotties. However, this dog lacked prey drive towards inanimate objects. Wasn't interested in rags, balls, etc. (Typical of some Jindos.)
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Here is a Jindo that was imported just for a 2007 show. Because he was ball-driven, it was easy for his handler to teach him some tricks. In this picture, he does a flying jump (no feet on barrier).
  • edited November -1
    Red Young (from Northern CA Shiba Rescue) also helps with Jindo Rescue.

His email (for future reference): shibak9@aol.com
  • edited November -1
    They are lovely dogs! Great pics, thanx for sharing. :o)

My brother is 1/2 Korean (half brother), I have been trying to convince him for years to rescue a Jindo... But his life is a bit crazy and so I am not sure eh will ever do it.

One day I would be open to rescuing a Jindo, if the right situation came up. Issue is, rescues will never place with us due to us having intact dogs. Kinda stupid.

----
  • edited November -1
    lol. I can pick one up for you down the street and take it to the airport. :) Just tell me when. I just haven't seen any B&T's.
  • aykayk
    edited October 2009
    Three rescue dogs (all owned now). White female Jindo, yellow male Jindo, and male American Akita. I need to find the picture of them all in a dogteam, pulling a cart.
  • edited November -1
    Awwww! Adorable! Thanks for sharing :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Wow, those are awesome pictures. A remarkable thing that Jindo are being used for Schutzhund training. What a versatile breed.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    It wasn't the above dog since he wouldn't do ragwork (foundation for bitework), but there is a different Jindo that is being trained for Schuzhund. A Dogo Argentino owner who also does protection sports had told me of one in his training club.
  • aykayk
    edited October 2009
    Some pictures of other Jindo colors:

Agouti Grey:

Black/tan:

Brindle:

and here is the pretty rare "cream" dog with black hairs. (Really a very light red dog)

Here is a rescue Jindo fostered by my rescue group. We figure he's an agouti grey + solid black. We call him Iri, which means wolf.

His goofy pic:
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks for the photos. Awesome brindle! However they are all beautiful.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Nice! the Cream dog's eyes are gorgeous.
    seconds on the brindle! :)
  • edited November -1
    What beautiful colors!!! I love the brindle, the grey, the B&T, the cream. Oh no, I'm talking myself into another dog...
  • edited November -1
    wow! I love the brindle, agouti grey, and Iri's colors! I really like Iri. Thanx for sharing! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Second what Brad said. Jindos are amazing.
  • edited November -1
    What beautiful dogs! The brindle is amazing, though I think my favorite was the light red/cream with black hairs.
  • edited November -1
    I'm partial to the Agouti Grey, but they are all very pretty dogs!

I'd be interested in learning on how to work with Jindos. I'd love to help owners out with their Jindos so that they will be able to understand and keep them as loving family pets. The typical issue here I come across is "aggression" and "reactiveness" and there are apparently dog trainers here that don't know how to deal with Jindos. Their traditional positive methods of training didn't work. However, I'm wondering...maybe those cases were just a couple of individuals that were like that...but of course...the entire breed has to suffer for it :( . One case was one of my dog trainer friend's experiences with a 4 month old PUPPY!

Ann,

you're out in my area aren't ya? Perhaps you could provide me with some hands on experiences with Jindos? I may never own a Jindo myself, but if given the space at home...I'd be more then happy to help out with fostering (and any rehabiliation). I'm hoping on my next move I'll be able to take in a foster or two (most likely Malinois - the Mal rescue is slammed this year!), but all depends on where I move to.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Corina,

The offer to foster is much appreciated. I'll hook you up with Nichole, who coordinates the foster dogs. She's also very descriptive in explaining behaviors and drives in the dogs, and why certain training methods haven't worked in some of the dogs.

-Ann
  • edited November -1
    Jindos are great dogs, I've always been open to rescuing one, and I've been in contact with Nichole before. However I just started graduate school and the work load has been overwhelming. Hopefully I get the opportunity in a few years.
  • edited November -1
    That would be most excellent! Thanks!
  • Just wanted to cross-post a pic of this brindled Jindo. Colors may be saturated in the pic, but still...

• Wow! That Jindo is very handsome.
  • Wow! An absolutely beautiful dog!! Any more photos of this guy/gal?
  • aykayk
    edited January 2012
    No other pics. I like his un-refined look. :-)

edit on 1/27/12:

Found another pic of him.

• Holy moly that's one handsome Jindo!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Wow, he's gorgeous!
  • yeah! he is very handsome!! I have never seen a brindled jindo before, thanks for sharing!