Lynx Photos & Videos

edited January 2008 in General

I guess Lynx has also been nelgected in the spamming as well. So hopefully these will make up for it =(^-^)=.

Lynx Photos:

Lynx intent on driving MY truck

"That wasn't so bad, was it?"

Really, not liking the rain today...kinda a drag...

Trip to the San Francisco Bridge (the storm had let up - yay!)

A Sailor's dog

Staying the night in Monterey, she's quite comfortable in this chair

Lynx Videos:

Training Dumbell Retrieve

Typical Malinois

Fun with Malinois

Taking a peek at the neighbor

Yeah, so I thought I had a fairly secure yard -laughs-. She'll eventually learn to climb the wall. I need to invest in a kennel run for this place. It takes more then just a fenced in yard!

Comments

• edited November -1

Mad pacer!  You wanna take my girls for a bit and train them?

LMAO at the fence jumper!  I dont know much about Malinois...what are they like?  She is gorgeous!  

• edited November -1

Those are great - I love the shot w/ the sailor statue...

I miss SF, I love that place.

• edited November -1

Malinois are so smart, they just love having a job to do.

I love San Francisco also.  One of my favorite cities I've ever visited.  So much good food to eat in that city.

• edited November -1

Corina,  Great pics of Lynx. 

There has been a lot of press regarding the Belgian Malinois in the San Diego newspapers because they are the preferred breed used by the San Diego Police and one of their "finest officers" was lost last week when a bad guy jumped  off the Coronado Bridge and took "Stryker",  a Malinois, who had corned the him.  The creep lived, unfortunately, Stryker didn't.  They are a great breed of dog.

• edited November -1
    I read about that - it made me sick. They guy grabbed the dog and jumped off the bridge... WTF?
  • edited November -1
    The typical Malinois vid is funny, News does that too Tongue out 
  • edited November -1

Thanks! I got lucky with her, good conformation and great features for a Mal. Great temperment and very stable nerves.

Rachael - Malinois are typically "over the top", very high-drive. They NEED a job to do, anything. Just so that they can transfer that energy into something. And they will live for that job. Otherwise, they will start making up their own games and usually ones that are not to the liking of their owners, lol. They are wonderful dogs, in the right hands. Very focused and intune to their owner/handler. Nothing, for the most part, bothers them much. For example: As a police dog, a Malinois could be shot several times and STILL run after the "bad guy" <--- they are usually so focused on their job, that they don't realize any pain, I guess. They generally recover well; resilent. A very hardy breed. Yet, at the same time, they are very sensitive and can also be the biggest whiners, lol!

They learn very quickly; easily trainable. A very intelligent breed; at times too smart for their own good. And other times maybe not so much...as they tend to "leap" and then "think" about it afterwards ("action" before "thought", perhaps more so the young then the old). Though very cute, they are HORRIBLE puppies, lol! You constantly have to run after the pup, grabbing things out of their mouth, "no, don't do that!"...."ahh, not that!" <--- but maybe that's just puppies in general though -grins-. 

The breed should be friendly, but may also be reserved with strangers (but not aggressive or shy). And act accordingly in each situation; making a good judgement. Only acting aggressive either by command from the owner/handler or from a situation whearas there is an actual threat to their family/pack member <-- giving out warning barks first to scare off the intruder, biting should only be last resort or if intruder attacks pack member. They make excellent Alert/Watch and Guard dogs.

Unfortunely, not every Belgian out there is a good example of the breed. Many people get the wrong impression due to a few poor examples. With any dogs being, shy, fearful, overly aggressive, nervy and unstable. 

This is a breed that requires constant socialization and physcial and mental excercise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Already, I can see that my 4 month old Shikoku pup is so calm and relaxed <--- pretty "lay-backed" compared to my 2 year old Malinois, lol! It's an awesome contrast -smiles-.

• edited November -1
    THanks, good to know!!  I love knowing about all dogs.