ATL August Meetup

edited August 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Today, we had a small meetup at a local doggie daycare. I was not well-pleased with the location because their "meetup" room had some empty store racks, no chairs, the sink in the room was blocked off. However, there were not many dogs as many of our regulars were out of town. Jazz was not in the best of moods in the beginning (normal) so she started off in the sling. In the middle of the meet, I went and asked for a chair and sat down with her. By the end of the meet, she was on the floor and tolerated dogs walking near her. Unfortunately, there are no pics of Jazz, but here are some of the dogs that attended.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    What no Jazz pictures!

Well at least she got to relax a bit anyway and hopefully enjoyed herself if only for a moment of two.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    I know, I know - I've got a friend's slr to play with, so there should be some spam of her this week...to make up for no meetup spam of her!
  • edited November -1
    At least it didn't smell!
  • edited November -1
    No, it didn't smell, but we've had some really good indoor meetups. The guy I spoke with told me there were chairs and some equipment. It was free and I did get to pick up some samples of Acana & Blue, so it wasn't all bad.
  • edited November -1
    it was clean AND free?? Nice! Glad your meetup went well!
  • edited November -1
    Last year, I called nearly every specialty/pet boutique and doggie daycare in Atlanta. I made a list of those that would charge and those that wouldn't (not many of those - most have a pretty small room). On the ones that charged a fee - it ranged from $15 up to $150. Since Atlanta is sprawled all over the place, we try to spread our meetups over the city. Some places that have charged us a $25 fee actually have opened up on a closed day just for us to come in & play. It usually results in sales for them, as our members buy the good treats & food. We are fortunate that there are a fair number of parks. We try to schedule to two indoor in the summer (July & August) and two in the winter (January & February). The rest of ours are outside. We have had one member that opened up her backyard to us - she lived really close to a park where several of us participated in a Fun Run for the Atlanta Humane Society.

We were just talking about doing some more "themed" meetups - Halloween is coming up, after all.
This discussion has been closed.