Puppia harness

I am seeing several Shiba owners using the Puppia harness. How does it compare to a normal harness??

Comments

• edited November -1
    I love the Puppia harnesses, and I believe so does Shao New, since she HATES collars. It's easier to put on as it's not step through, and hasn't given the puppy the under arm rash like the traditional harnesses. I do however recommend you getting them after you've had some training with the dog on how to walk properly w/o pulling too much (which is also probably why hasn't had the rashes either since she's not pulling so much). That and it's got some cute patterns.
  • edited November -1
    Koda hates collars too. When I take one out of the drawer he runs away from the door and into the living room. If I put one on (without even a leash on) he starts to cough. It's really sounds fake too. Smart little bugger. He really knows how to get his way.

I like the Puppia cause it just looks comfortable, and Koda can wear it for hours without pulling or bothering with it so I know it feels comfortable for him. He hasn't gotten a rash or any irritation from it.

I'm with Irene though. I'm not sure how good it would be for training. Koda walks either right next to me or right behind me. He's not a puller because well frankly he doesn't like leaving my side EVER!
  • edited November -1
    we don't have a real puppia, we have a fake puppia but I just like the soft harness better. she backed out of a step in one day and she chewed through her old harness. when she's done growing we're going to get her one of the fancy ones with all the buckles and stuff.
  • edited November -1
    Here's a discussion about Puppia from not that long ago:

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3948
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Jen, I read the thread /link you posted just now...and the puppia i got off of ebay does stretch for some reason (i reckon it's fake) and the real harness I bought at some boutique in Portland does not stretch. The stretchiness subsides after a wash and a super quick tumble dry though. Both are in L and Shao New is 23 lbs and it's not tight at all, I just adjust the band around her chest cavity.

Tara, lol, yeah Shao New coughs alot when we put the leash on her collar, and with me, she pulls like a lunatic with the collar, but yet walks like a proper pup with the puppia..the lil beeatch ;-) I'm a worry wort though, i have half her ID on the collar, the other on the puppia in case either gets loose should i lose her.

Joe, stop telling people it's a knock-off puppia, Katsu has the best of all things ;-P
  • edited November -1
    okay, Katsu has a Voyager. It's a high end boutique version of a puppia. it cost 400 dollars ad it's made out of solid gold.
  • edited November -1
    that's the spirit! If you believe it so will she lol
  • edited November -1
    Sake backed out of her puppia harness the other day. Lucky for us she was scared $hitle$$ because we were in unfamiliar territory and just kinda pranced around in circles and then stopped and we were able to wrangle her back up.

That is the one problem with the puppia, but as long as you make sure they don't pull backwards it will be okay. We love our puppia's but have been using the easy walk harness to get Miso to learn his leash manners a little better :)
  • edited November -1
    I think I will have to try a puppia.. Roxy looks like she is annoyed by her regular harness. Plus it rubs the hair off her chest.
  • edited November -1
    Good thinking Kristin. Yes do not try and tie out your dog with a puppia. Koda can get out of it too.
This discussion has been closed.