Tank Spam // Updated 8/18/09

edited July 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
I realize I haven't updated the forum with any of Tank's pictures since the last ones in the Introduction room. I've been pretty busy and keep saying I'll get to it but something always comes up. So tonight I'm making no excuses. Here goes...

5/14/09 Tank's Graduation Class from Puppy Obedience Training:
Tank's Graduation Class
Tank digging his grad cap (lol). I love how he always seems to be smiling!
Tank's Graduation
Tank's Graduation

5/16/09 We were digging a hole for banana pepper trees when Tank decided to help.
He's rally good at digging, lol.
Photobucket
Of course he got a bath afterward. This was the second bath we've had to give Tank and to our surprise it was easier to keep him in the tub than we thought. It required a team effort though.
Photobucket
Nice and fluffy after being blow-dried and brushed.
Photobucket

5/18/09 We were too busy to keep an eye on the little Prince so we ended up crating him for a bit. The spoiled Prince decided he was going to get us back by biting a hole right through his $50 bed!%$#$!^@%!!!
Tore a whole right through his bed #3
He even continued long enough for me to be able to catch him in action!
Tore a whole right through his bed #4
Tore a whole right through his bed #2
Tore a whole right through his bed
Of course we let him out and what did he ask for? Tickles on the tummy! He'll come right up to us and literally roll over cuing for us to start rubbing his belly.
Oh please no more tickling!
Oh, please stop!
I can't take it anymore!
No, nevermind - I kid! I kid!
Oh stop!
The little Prince is spoiled and he knows it.
Tickle time

5/31/09 The previous day was Tank's neutering. After we brought him home all he wanted to do was snuggle. Since he hardly ever wants to snuggle (think Shiba500) I absolutely took advantage of the situation. Everytime either one of us walked up to get something, he would slowly raise his groggy little head following us to see where we were until we came back to sit beside him. He seemed so fragile and I couldn't leave his side even for a moment! So no pictures from the day he came home. We don't allow Tank on the furniture but we made a one-time exception. After sitting on the ground for so long we couldn't stand it anymore :P so up on the couch we went with the cute furball. The very next day, Tank was almost back to his energetic self. And I caught him on the furniture!
Got caught on couch (2 days after neuter)
But for the most part since he was still on pain meds he took it easy snoozing. On his other bed:
Photobucket
Photobucket
And on his blankie that we brought him home from the breeder with.
Photobucket
Amazing that he hasn't destroyed this blankie considering he's so tag crazy and loves to send his teeth right through anything that he plays with.
Photobucket
Photobucket
He also hung out in his den quite a bit that day (voluntarily).
Photobucket
His right arm was shaved off for the IV.
Photobucket
His incision site was pretty small - between 1/4" and 1/2". If the nurse hadn't pointed it out to me when we picked him up I probably wouldn't have noticed it right away.
Photobucket
By hour 48, Tank was pretty much back to normal. Thank goodness he did not try to lick his incision so we didn't have to get an e-collar.

6/3/09 We took Tank to the forest preserve to practice the Come command on long lead.
Cheese was his motivation.
Photobucket
Bugs were his distraction.
Photobucket
And so were patches of grass.
Photobucket
Overall the little Prince did well.
Photobucket
Because we had cheese.
Photobucket
More cheese, please!
Photobucket

6/5/09 Tank has become quite the little traveler. Since he became part of the family he's been on no less than 6 out of state trips!
MN trip
He usually gets the back seat to himself (little stinker!)
MN trip
MN trip
He especially loves to sit up front with us when he feels like it. His #1 spot is in Daddy's lap while driving.
MN trip
You can always find the little Prince, if close to us, using our arms or legs for chinrests.
MN trip
"I'm spoiled and I know it!"
MN trip
All knocked out.
MN trip

6/12/09 Did I mention Tank loves to chew on sandals?
Photobucket
Huh?
Photobucket
Totally ignoring Drop It.
Photobucket
The little Prince loves sitting with Daddy where he gets treated like royalty. Rubs are always included.
Photobucket
He likes hanging out with me too.
Photobucket

6/24/09 The destructive little devil increased the size of the whole in his bed! He thought it was pretty funny and posed for me to take pictures.
Caught tearing up bed again
He loves posing for pictures. Sometimes I wonder why I don't post more spam.
6-mos
6-mos

6/29/09 We introduced frozen chicken feet into his treat rotation. Unfortunately he liked pretending that he could swallow the entire thing up at once too much.
Eating chicken feet
Eating chicken feet
Semi listening to the Drop It command.
Eating chicken feet
(No more chicken feet treat for Tank.)

7/11/09 Chillin' in the car to go somewhere.
Photobucket
Getting ready to snooze. Everytime the car picks up speed Tank usually falls asleep (or at closes his eyes & pretends to sleep).
Photobucket
Posing for Mommy.
Photobucket
This rug is more interesting...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Tank is so adorable. Shame on you for not posting more pictures sooner!!! :P

Just kidding. I guess you made up for it with all the spam in this post. Keep it coming. He really is super cute.
  • edited November -1
    He looks so much like Pong it's crazy. Too bad he's a dood or I wouldn't be able to tell them apart!
  • edited November -1
    He is gorgeous!!
  • edited November -1
    Tank has become such a handsome boy, thanks for finally posting spam of him!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Awesome photos. Tank is so well behaved and what a great team you are. I have to laugh at the pillow chewing....so typical for Shibas (LOL).

Oh one thing.....don't drive with a dog in your lap. If the airbags deploy or something happens you both will be seriously injured.

Dogs should be restrained in the back with a travel harness or in a crate because in an accident dogs are often thrown out of the car or the windows pop and the dog can end up on the highway or run off. Better safe than sorry by having them seated properly. Petsmart sells a pet restraint harness and clip that buckles in.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Wow, thanks for the Tank spam overload! He is super cute!

Glad his neuter went well and he healed well.

Keep up the spam!
  • edited November -1
    Love the tickle spam :)

About chicken feet - they are about the size of a shibas mouth, so when I feed them, I defrost them and hold on to one of the "fingers" while my dogs chew on the "wrist" area on up. Kibble fed dogs are more used to gulping their food, you have to teach them to crunch and chew something like a raw bone or chicken foot.
  • edited November -1
    Great spam! We've missed seeing Tank!
  • edited November -1
    I promise to be more consistent w/ Tank spam from now on. :P

Jenny, I just looked at the pictures of Pong and you are right - Tank and Pong's facial colorings are too similar!!!

Snf, thanks for the suggestion. We've actually been considering getting some type of car restraint system for Tank because of all the traveling we do but just haven't decided exactly what (or which one, rather) to purchase. He's actually gained a few pounds since the picture so now he's too big to be sitting in the front comfortably with us.

tsukitsune, we'll keep the chicken foot suggestion in mind. Tank loves it but I was too uncomfortable seeing the way he was carrying it around in his mouth like that so we stopped giving them to him. When we give him rawhide treats, that's exactly what we do to make sure he's chewing & not just swallowing too big of pieces for him. I love holding rawhide treats for him to nibble on because that equals snuggle time for us. :)
  • edited November -1
    Wow, Tank has grown!!! It is about time we have gotten a good dose of Tank spam! :)
  • edited November -1
    OMG Tank is so cute. (don't tell Shao New but I've always wanted a black and tan).

Sorry to nag, but I can't keep this to myself--don't let him up front, really not safe for him. We bought the strap at petco, Shao New houdinied out of it twice, and now we have the metal crate we trained her in in the back of the SUV...and b/c it's "Ford tough" I feel she's safer there than bouncing around excited that she's wiggled out of her strap. We do however, if we're driving on a major highway with trailers around, put the seats down and push the crate towards the middle so it makes us feel she'd be safer in the event of an accident.
  • edited November -1
    LOL... That was a LOT of GREAT Tank spam!

The busting through the bed shot is hilarious!

He looks very mature in the last 2 pics too. :o)

Thanx for sharing!

----
  • edited August 2009
    More Tank spam (I'm doing my best at being consistent :P . Summer school semester ends tomorrow for me so I have the next two weeks until Fall semester starts to take tons of Tank pictures.)

7/26/09 - A weekend trip to Wisconsin: Tank chillin' off restraint while we stop for gas.

On the lookout:
    Photobucket

He got the entire trunk to himself. Lucky dog...
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8/12/09 - Tank's Graduation from Intermediate Level Training. He was tested on Down+Stay for 10 secs, Sit+Stay for 10secs, Walking down the treat aisle of Petsmart while heeling, going to "Place" (a mat we brought in) when asked + staying in place, and "Return".

The hub & I were really nervous that Tank might not do so well with "heel" but he passed with flying colors. We are so proud & I am even prouder to say that once he picked up "Heel" a few weeks ago, our walks have been extremely pleasant. He does not pull and he obeys "Leave it" almost 75% of the time now. :)

Tank w/ his friend Patches:
    Photobucket

Getting ready for the graduating class picture lol:
    Photobucket

A video on Tank's walking & heeling accomplishment:

8/15/09 - Chicago Area Shiba Inu Meetup in St. Charles, IL

The hub being greeted by a pretty girl on our arrival:
    Photobucket

Tank claiming his place with daddy LOL:
    Photobucket

Tank semi-exploring:
    Photobucket

Tank getting to know the other shibas:
    Photobucket

Tank's gf (LOL):
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Eventually all the other shibas lost interest in Tank. He was left alone... until he found new friends: a 4-mo Husky & a puppy Lab mix:
    Photobucket

The 3 Musketeers had a great time together:
    Photobucket

The puppy mix was very photogenic hehehe:
    Photobucket

Photobucket

...And then Tank's two friends left with their parents. We called him back to the Shiba party but he seemed to have lost interest in the other shibas too...
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Tank kinda just kept to himself amongst the shibas for the most part:
    Photobucket

Until a dachsund came along...
    Photobucket

Pretty girls posing:
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tank waiting to go home:
    Photobucket

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Since Tank did so well with Intermediate Training, we are considering Advanced Training. The trainer says she's usually able to incorporate the CGC Program into her Advanced class including getting an evaluator out to the site to certify the dog-students. Eventually, we'd like Tank to be CGC certified hehehe. :)
  • edited November -1
    Tank is stylin! What kind of puppia harness does he have?
  • edited November -1
    Tank's got the Puppia Dog Harness-Ritefit on. As you can see, he's in a shade of Sky Blue (size LG). :P *Tank takes a bow*
  • edited November -1
    LOL I thought I lost Spuds in one of the pics..that creamy looks just like her!

Tank is super cute :) I love B&T's...looking at the pics w/ the husky it's like the LI meetup revisted...next time, on the twilight zone...
  • edited November -1
    Thanks. He's a little stinker though. Maybe that's why God made him so adorable. :P
  • edited November -1
    hehe that's probably why god made all Shibas adorable, the little stinker devil dogs ;-)
  • edited November -1
    WOW, great spam...That one creamie reminds me of Shao New and that husky looks like a darker Tikaani (looks the colors are still coming in).

Tank is such a handsome boy
  • edited November -1
    Tank's adorable! Congrats on the training accomplishment and good luck with CGC!
  • edited November -1
    I love Tank's coloring!

how did you find the adjustimability on the rite fit?
  • edited November -1
    Now I'm really curious about what Shao New looks like. :)

The Rite-fit is pretty awesome. We've been using it since the beginning of June and I just adjusted it over the weekend because of Tank's growth that spurted from outta nowhere. It comes with velcro and adjustable clips for the neck area as well as adjustable clips for the chest area. His head as gotten pretty big so it became difficult for us to slip the harness on/off like we were able to in the past. But, with Tank in our lap we can fix the harness on him in under 30 secs. He knows the routine now too so he helps make putting the harness on him pretty simple.
  • edited November -1
    Wonderful Tank spam! :) He has grown up to be such a handsome guy!
This discussion has been closed.