We had a guest.....

So over the weekend my husband invited his friend over to the house to watch a movie. (We watched PUSH. Ever heard of it? GREAT movie!!!) Well the friend brought over his new puppy, Raheem. He's really well behaved. VERY quiet! I was a little concerned how Honey would react. But she did pretty good. She was VERY defensive at first. Hackles up, jumped at every move he made. It was like she was ready just in case he was a threat. That's how she's reacted to most every dog she's met. When she plays with Squirt they can get pretty rough....but shes usually very quiet. With Raheem she was REALLY snarky and loud. But since Raheem was so young he didnt seem to mind Honey's rudeness. I corrected Honey several times and she seemed to get the point. After a little while they seemed to get along just fine.

I wish I could teach Honey to not be so harsh when meeting new dogs. sigh.

I did get a few pictures. But the quality is SUPER crappy. My camera SUCKS. I use it for work, I take pictures of the new homes we list. So for that it's GREAT! haah But for action shots....not so much. It takes for ever to snap the picture after I press the button.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Raheem is a cute pup. Did you introduce them outside or in? I find my shibas have a harder time accepting new dogs in a nice manner when not introduced outside or on a walk or something. Its worth taking extra time to do that if they have to spend some time together, walk them bring it all inside.

Looks like a fun play date! And Squirt is getting BIG!
  • edited November -1
    Actually inside. When Honey meets a dog while she's on a leash she gets REALLY mean. REALLY! And since our yard isnt fenced we didnt want to have them meet in the yard without leashes. It took a good 10 mintues for her to warm up to him...but after that they played really nicely together.
  • edited November -1
    10 minutes is actually a pretty good time for two unfamiliar dogs to warm up to each other. So props to both you and Honey! :)

And Raheem is a cutie. It looks like all three had a great evening!
  • edited November -1
    Raheem is super cute :oD Looks like they had fun after the initial intros.

Katie, my camera also takes FOREVER to take a picture after I press the button if it's in "Auto" mode - I think it's focusing or something. Mine has a "Sports" setting that I switch to when I want to get some action shots, but they aren't always very focused when I use that setting... maybe yours has a setting similar to that?
  • edited November -1
    I'll have to check! Thanks! I have a Olympus FE-190. (I think the FE stands for Fucksup Everything) lol
  • edited November -1
    Raheem is too cute!

I'm glad it went so well! It's really good practice to have dogs visit your dog in their home, it build confidence. (assuming your dog is ok with dogs).

----
  • edited November -1
    LOL I just went back and looked through the pics again......the last pic of honey (with raheem), her eyes are CRAZY!!!!! lol
  • edited November -1
    everytime I read the title to this thread I think OMG a mouse? bug?? Nope, just a cute lil pup, or 3!
  • edited November -1
    Aww...you have a very cute guest!
This discussion has been closed.