Saya's thread Saya's starting to hump. LOL O_O

edited July 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
I thought I'd make a thread for Saya to put her and my progress with raising my first shiba inu.

She is 11 weeks old and weighs 6.8 pounds we just got her flea and tick stuff so she can now go on walks with us in our field she loved it she is walking alot nicer on her collar last week she would stand still, buck, roll like a alligator.

She loves it when I play Okami before I go to sleep she'll sit on my bed looking at the TV as soon as I put the game on she wags her tail the first time when she heard Ammy bark it was so cute sadly the camera was charging so no pictures or videos of it.

She's very friendly with my family and anyone new she meets she loves if she has a toy by her she'll pick it up and carry it around and growling very playfully with her tail wagging it's such a cute sight to see her do this.

I've been taking her with me when we go to starbucks, my grandparent's and to cousin's parties they don't have dogs and Saya loves their fenced in yard.

I can't wait till she gets her shots so we can take her to the park for a different walk and to our small downtown area.

Today was her first time on a long walk she really loved it walking with Bella she kept up really well and both pups are nice and tired.

I don't know any shiba inu owners or spitz owners, but I hope to meet some oneday so Saya can have a nice playmate that plays like her.

Comments

• edited November -1
    This thread is useless without spam! :P
  • edited November -1
    Harsh Melissa (but true). :P

Bring on the pics!

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Damn Melissa, your not messing around. Glad to hear your baby's doing good. I wouldn't call this thread useless. But any spam is always greatly appreciated.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. I hope everyone knows I was just joking.
  • edited November -1
    Don't worry I'll get some new spam soon. =)

Saya is getting better with biting on Bella's lips I'm trying to keep both of them busy with playing with their toys instead of her lips and Bella is healing nicely.

Yesterday I took Saya to walmart my mom had to pick a few things up so we just sat on the bench in the side of the walmart the weather was nice. Saya met alot of people and kids she behaved well and I was happy the kids had asked to pet the cute puppy instead of doing it without asking it's nice to see polite kids liked that and Saya really enjoyed the attention I wished I brought the camera for that, but I didn't. I heard my first shiba yodal I think after getting some pets from some people and they went inside Saya kinda made a howling noise or a yodal I'm not sure, but it was cute.

I'm going to a party at the lake in Monticello and I plan to bring the dogs the weather seems nice I'll bring their crates incase they want to take a nap or something also I'll be sure to bring the camera for this I gotta get some nice new pictures.

Saya has improved walking with her collar on she used to stand still as soon as I put it on her and not move, but now she'll walk around with it on draging her leash and she'll walk around when I'm holding it. Like a shiba she used to buck like a horse and stand still or roll on her back I'm glad she's doing better with it now and she's doing pretty good with her training she'll sit very good and is starting to do down more better.

The week I brought her home from the breeder she tried to chew on our chairs and my mom's table, but she has stoped after I stoped her and gave her a correct toy to chew on also she really loves her crate she'll walk right into it to take a nap if she's tired.

I'm really enjoying raising her I've already been asked what kind of breed she is fifty million times when I'm out with her so now I know what you all go through with your shiba inu. lol
  • edited July 2009
    I can't believe I forgot the camera so no Lake pictures I'm so sad I forgot it ah well we had a good time.

Saya had fun she met alot of new people and they all loved her she was well behaved and licked everyone. We went for a boat ride and since it was nice I brought her with me she loved it she just sat on my lap and after a bit she fell asleep I wished I had my camera to take that picture she looked so cute sleeping.

I took a few pictures a few days ago and today so I'll post these she's getting a little bigger her tail is getting more curly. =)

A few days ago my mom went to pick up a grill at my mom's friend's house and we brought Saya over to show to them they all loved her and she really enjoyed the attention. One of her kids is afraid of dogs, but Saya was able to change his mind after a bit of carrying her toy around and waging her tail.
  • edited July 2009
    Saya is 13 weeks today she's getting bigger compared to when I first got her she still is small, but she's big in her mind. lol

She's been doing great on her walks and she's doing better with playing with Bella so that's great also Bella's bite marks are healing very nicely. I've been taking Saya with me on small errands and yesterday I took her to my cousin's house she did well she loved all the people at the party her tail was waging and doing her growling march around the house everyone thought it was so funny.

She is learning sit and down which she's doing pretty well on.

I've been asked alot what kind of dog is she, is she a husky, is she a german shepherd and it seems not too many people know about shiba inu only two people knew what she is. lol

Her new problem is biting at my dad, brother, and my mom's pants or legs unfortunetly my brother thinks it's cute, my dad hates her doing it and swats at her to get her to stop, my mom of coarse is alot better with correction since she and I watch its me or the dog alot hopefully I can work things out, but I'm sure when I go take Saya to puppy kindergarten they can help me with this.
  • edited July 2009
    She is super cute. They are going to make a great odd couple.
  • edited November -1
    oo! Saya is sweet- I love the tickle pictures- esp the last one where her mouth is open!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks alot I love the tickle picture too she seems to really like it when I pet her there.

Today it was raining luckily I was able to take the dogs for one walk which since they didn't get their second walk they were a little bit more rambunctious then usual. Saya didn't bite Bella's lip except a few times, but she stoped when I told her no so that's good. Saya was doing some shiba 500 around the house when Bella took a nap which was fun to watch her zoom around the table and the room. Who needs TV when you got two crazy dogs to keep you busy! lol

I agree Brandon Bella and Saya are an odd couple Bella is so big compared to Saya luckily Bella has been great with being careful when she's playing with Saya also the color combo is cute black and white. =)
  • edited August 2009
    Today I took Saya into the vet for her second puppy shots she loved the attention from the people there, but once we went to the room she knew something was up she was whining and crying a little. The vet did a check up on her everything is great Saya whimpered some when he was checking her legs, but I think she didn't like to be man handled like that since everything was fine. Then came the shots she did her shiba scream when she got her shot and nasal bordatella. I've heard her shiba scream before when she was in her crate, but my mom never heard it before so it really surprised her and the two vets too I bet also the people outside heard her scream. I felt so bad for the vets her scream was so loud for such a little pup made it sound like she was put on fire or something..

Once everything was done she was back to her perky self greeting the workers and doing sits for treats also she weighs 8 pounds she was 6.8 pounds at 11 weeks. =)

She's sleeping in her crate right now so I'll keep an eye on her for a bit I wasn't expecting a shiba scream Bella didn't even whine when she got those shots I guess it shows ya every dog is different well she is a typical shiba inu too. lol

I have a few pictures to show and tomarrow we are going to the lake for a party so I'm bringing the dogs I'll be sure to bring my camera when I go.

After the vet we stop at the downtown market to get some beans and corn so we brought Saya she met alot of people of coarse they were saying she's a husky and two ladies said she's a shiba emu.

Anyways I'm so happy to have Saya whatever mayham she causes in my life I'll always love her I think shiba inu are my #1 favorite breed boxers are my #2

**UPDATE:**She's awake now and really full of energy playing with her toys, doing her growling march, and a few zoomies. ^_^
  • edited November -1
    She is ADORABLE! Shira went to the vet today too, to get her rabies shot. She started screaming before the vet even stuck her with the needle and didn't stop until the tech put her down. Ohhh Shibas... :)
  • edited August 2009
    Well I'm back from the lake both Bella and Saya had a great time they both enjoyed being pet and loved on only problems was Bella's jumping she got excited to see new people, but I tried to work with her sitting while being pet which worked pretty well after that she either sat or stand instead of jumping so that's good.

I took Bella on the boat and we went to party island for some swimming since it has an area where she can be on land and go in and out of the shallow water as she wants. A boston terrier and another dog I forgot the breed came to see Bella since they got along extremly well I let Bella loose to play my mom was a bit worried, but she listened well she didn't bother the other lake goers she just played with the terrier named Amy and she came when I called her. I've been working with her off leash in my field so it seems it is paying off.

I didn't bring Saya because she was pretty tired she went right to sleep in her crate and she slept the whole time I was gone.

Only thing that happened was that I got stung by a wasp luckily my mom brought some stuff to help with it just incase..

I wasn't able to get alot of pictures of the dogs sadly I forgot to bring the camera to take of Bella running around she looks so cute in her dog life jacket.

I'm really happy both pups had a great time especially Bella the past times we didn't bring her to the parties so I'm glad we brought her today she had a blast playing in the water.
  • edited November -1
    Saya is sooooo cute. I love black and tans. Does she still have the nylabone key set? Katsu destroyed hers a while ago.
  • edited November -1
    She still has that key set she loves to chew on it, but haven't destroyed it just yet.
  • edited August 2009
    Well this saturday I'll be taking Saya to her first puppy kindergarten class I'm pretty excited for it I'm still trying to decide on a good training treat to use with her I'm lookinh at some Wellness salmon and venison jerky treats for it. I'm wondering what kind of treats you guys used for training?

I haven't given her a bath yet she doesn't really need one right now she smells fine and she does her best to avoid getting messy, but I'm wondering what'd be a good way to introduce the bath to her when I do need to bath her? How did your shiba inu take to their first bath?

The fourth picture is my favorite shows Saya the devil dog lol I was so surprised I took that picture poor Bella looks scared, but they just continued to rough house and play tug o war with their toys it'd be a good owned picture probably. lol

The sixth picture if was storming really bad and the two pups just stood there looking out of the window.

Seven and eight picture I decided to take some pictures of Saya in Bella's puppy clothes before she was too big for it.

The ninth picture if Saya in the morning she seems to love to sleep late it kinda looks like she's saying "no pictures please!"
  • edited November -1
    I missed the sleeping Saya and Bella pic. Your little lady is getting so big. Luv to see how a Shiba can stick up to a Boxer. lolz. Koda definitely doesn't play like a Shiba. He's more laid back and runs from my bff's Boxer.
  • edited November -1
    LOL yeah it's fun to watch them play luckily Bella is pretty well behaved and gentle with Saya.

I think once Saya is full grown I'm going to get her a puppia harness blue color most likely I'm not sure what style to get they have so many different harness styles of that thing. Tara what kind of puppia harness does Koda have?
  • edited November -1
    Oh so cute, I love when shibas 'beat up' the bigger dog.

As far a training treats go, I find what they really like and use it. The trainers told us to stick to something soft like hot dogs or cheese, so in class we use hot dogs. The current trainer I'm working with is an advocate for the use of both treats and toys/play (tug is the main motivator for her border collies). Outside of class we have used cheese, meats, fruits/veggies for Tikaani (watermelon, diced baby carrots, tomato, peach slices), even their water and food.

During Tetsu's first bath, after he realized he was getting wet and we were letting him out of the tub, he spend a good deal howling and screaming. The neighbors stopped by and was wondering if we were killing a cat.
  • edited August 2009
    Koda has the kind/color that was half off when a store was going out of business. lololol. Really, I like to save $$ and on a rapidly growing dog it was a great buy.

The model is the Puppia Soft Harness AC30. I bought a large for him and it was just a tad bit too big, loose but he wouldn't have been able to get it off without a backwards struggle. He has worn it for a month now. I like Puppia cause they are really adjustable. He will wear the same one for the next couple of months. I do make sure that he can't get ahold of it though because they would be easy to chew apart, but Koda really doesn't chew on anything other than his beloved bully sticks. If Saya is mouthy just keep it up and away from her.

I also like the soft harness superior. Here's a Puppia website for you to check out.

http://www.puppiaus.com/
  • edited November -1
    Here's the sizing chart just in case you find any on eBay or online.

• edited November -1
    Thanks alot for the tip Saya does love hotdogs I'll have to pick some up and hid them my dad and brother will eat it. lol

Thanks alot Tara for the info.
  • edited November -1
    She's getting big!

She will definitely munch on hotdogs, and one of them cut into tiny pieces will usually last a pretty long time, even several training sessions.

During her bath, she may holler and flail, or you may get lucky and she will be paralyzed with fear!
  • edited August 2009
    If I need to give her a bath I hope none of my family around they'll think I'm killing Saya if she screams. lol
  • edited November -1
    Well Saya went to her first puppy kindergarten she had a blast there and she really enjoyed the trainer there and when the two other pups she had alot of fun.

The one pup is a boxer mix named Moose and a Maltese I forgot her name, but Saya loved Moose the most she was a little too rough with the maltese, but after some rough housing with Moose she played more calmy with the maltese pup. I learned to do sit, down and roll over which I already knew from watching it's me or the dog, but it's nice to go over it in a place with new people and distractions also we did some focus training which she did extremly well on it.

I'm really glad I chose this training place the trainer is really nice and Saya really loved all the attention from her and the two owners. Next class we are doing the same stuff and working on target training. I got some booklets and a clicker so I'll be reading up on the stuff and working with Saya each day.

Hopefully next time I can get a couple pictures.
  • edited August 2009
    It's been so hot recently so I Thought I'd get the baby pool out for Saya and Bella. I did Saya first I added just enough water for her so she doesn't get too wet and the pool was on a slant so there was dry land for her to go to. When I first put her in there she just stood in the dry area for a bit looking at me with this expression like you expecting me to get into this water? With some treats I was able to get her into the water after a bit she seemed more relaxed in it she walked around it for a bit after awhile she seemed like she was done so I took her out and let her have some run time while I got the hose and once I turned it on Saya ran straight to it and started to chase the stream of water. She really enjoyed that she kept running into it getting her body and head wet, she kept trying to drink it.

When I put the hose in the pool she wanted in so I put her in it and she kept running to drink it and runing under the hose I got a video of her running to chase the hose and going under it so Hopefully once I get a faster internet I can post some videos of Saya and Bella in action.

Once Saya was done we gave Bella a turn sadly it was pretty late and the water was cold from filling it a bit higher so she only jumped in and out a few times.

I was so surprised Saya took to the water well tomarrow I'll have to see how she likes the sprinkler. lol

She is now 15 weeks old I think I got alot of pictures of her from 8 weeks to 15 weeks I'm kinda crazy when it comes to taking pictures, but it'll be worth it once she grows up and I'll be able to make a nice picture album of my favorite pictures of each of her week. lol

She is still small, but comepared to when I first got her she's grown up alot I think she'll be going through a growth spurt soon she's getting so big and her tail is more curly. hehe

One interesting thing she stood at the downstairs door and was looking out the window I thought she needed to go out so I took her and my trusty flashlight since it was night and look and behold two bright eyes shining from my light and a white stripe out in the yard... A darn Skunk! I ran inside right away thinkfully it was far enough away it didn't get scared and sprayed.. I've been having problems with this skunk it's been digging up the yard bad and it's pooping in the yard It comes very very close sometimes I don't want to kill it, but I'm tired of it comming to the yard is there anything that'll keep it off the yard?

I hate skunks they're cute, but I don't like they're smelly spray smells like burnt rubber took forever to get the smell off of Pearly and since that happened I never let my dogs outside off leash at night since that's the only time I have ever seen the thing. >.<
  • edited August 2009
    Saya meets the ferret plush toy it was cute she acted like it was another dog and play bowed at it and licking it, but the next night she decided it was something she wanted to kill so she bites it and then uses it as a pillow.

Saya is 17 weeks old and is about 12 pounds she's still super friendly and loves her puppy class. Tonight she went up to Bella who was laying down chewing on her bone and Saya got on top of Bella and tried to hump her it was a bit silly I told her to stop and she did Bella didn't really do anything I think she was too busy focusing on her bone. lol I know humping is normal thing why would she do it? I'm just wondering.

My favorite picture of her is the third one.
  • edited August 2009
    Yesterday we took Saya and Bella to the park for a dog walk it was really nice we donated some money to the different shelters and got some nice toys and books. Saya had a wonderful time seeing all the dogs there and meeting some too. She was afraid of this young boy who wanted to pet her, but once she got her treat she started to warm up to him and was wagging her tail.

They had a frisbee demostration and a contest which were nice I only entered in best smile and tricks Saya wouldn't smile or do any tricks she was stage shy. hehe

We just started our walk for a bit and I met my first shiba inu besides Saya and she is so cute her name is Rukia.

We had a great time and took alot of pictures. Saya got alot of attention of coarse poor Bella only had two people that wanted to pet her I felt sorry for her, but she didn't mind she had a great time anyways. =)
  • edited November -1
    Saya is soo cute :) :)
  • edited September 2009
    I decided to dress Saya up sorta no costumes, but just hats, wigs, and my eyeglasses she didn't seem to mind it too much also a few pictures of her puppy socialization time at puppy class she has two more classes left. Tomorrow I'm taking her to get her third puppy shots I hope she doesn't scream I feel sorry for her and the vet staff mostly the staff. lol

The goldendoodle is a bit timid this is his second class, but he's starting to play more, but one time he tried to hump Saya which she was having none of that so she corrected him and he didn't do it again hopefully he learned his lesson. hehe
This discussion has been closed.