Fun on Long Island, NY (meet up 8-16-09)

edited July 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
This weekend Joe & Dawn and me & Tom took the pups and met up with Irene and Shao New (CreamyShibaMom). It was a blast, even though we played quite a bit of 'musical' dog park sections. This one guy had a Boston terrier that just kept attacking the other dogs in the park and the guy didn't do much about it. His dog put Tetsu in a pissed off mood, causing me to pick Tetsu up and try to use another person's body to block my front. Dawn was brave enough to try to pull the dog away from me, since the guy wasn't really doing anything.

Since the small dog section was empty, I commented that we should just move to that section (Tikaani included). Funny thing is is that every other person and their dog, big and small, followed us into the small section, leaving the guy and his Boston alone. When fresh blood came into the big section, he was kind of boasting at how his dog scared all the other dogs out of the section.

Aside for that, we were more going back and forth pending on whether anyone would have a fit about Tikaani being in the small section.

Well, here is some of the pics I took:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love how the dirt covers Tikaani's feet like wrist warmers:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Multi-tasking in the small section
Photobucket

Contemplating ball
Photobucket

Super-Katsu
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Yay! Matthew and I have been waiting for these pics LOL. Next time we'll bring our camera..our crappy Nikon next to yours ;-)

Yeah, that guy was a jerk. I think I stared in shock when you had Tetsu up above your head swinging him to avoid the Boston terrier from biting and his owner just stood there like a complete idiot, thinking it was cute and normal?!?!

Anyway, we had a great time, and our now filthy garbage-can-living-looking pup can't wait to meet her new buddies again this weekend!
  • edited November -1
    adorable! Katsu and Tetsu seem to be getting pal-sie, huh?
    Shao New is so cute! Glad she joined in the shiba/husky fun!

Love multi-tasking Tikaani :)
  • edited November -1
    Here's a few I forgot:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

And a couple of videos:

• edited November -1
    I just love that fact that Tetsu got comfortable enough to play with Shao New. Usually he doesn't like playing so physically with dogs he doesn't know.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, super awesome Spam! Glad everyone got together for a mini-meetup!

Did anyone say anything about Takaani being on the small dog side? If they did, I will come kick their butts because Takaani is the best player, he knows how to be gentle with the smaller dogs. Takaani multi tasking is awesome.
  • edited November -1
    There was one or two people that would give us looks for having Tikaani in the small section, at which Tom would get uncomfortable and bring him back to the big section. When we were getting ready to leave, with Tikaani in the small section and all of our dogs leashed up, some guy comes up to us and complains about how Tikaani shouldn't be in the small section and how he is a threat to the other dogs. When we left the section, the guy proceeds to take his small dog into the big section...what an a-hole
  • edited November -1
    Looks like fun! :) And wow... what a jerk. The guy with the Boston Terrier should be banned from the dog park. That is just ridiculous.

And I LOVE Tikaani and his buckets. :-D
  • edited November -1
    Glad we weren't there to meet the a-hole ;-)
  • edited November -1
    nice pics, our spam is still being uploaded to flickr.
  • edited July 2009

the best picture ever!

• edited November -1
    OMFG, Joe, Dawn, please email me the pics of the water bowl shot, I knew it was good but not Fing awesome!! Dawn, I will pay $50 for it! I think when you tried to show me Shao New was doing something silly so I had to run over and stop her...what it was I have no idea..

I'm so glad all the pups got along!
  • edited November -1
    I love the Tikanni's pin of Tetsu and one of a stick so big, help was needed.
  • edited November -1
    I would love to bring bingo to meet your lovelys....i don't mind traveling out there. When is the next time you guys are going to the dog park again?
  • edited November -1
    We have a shiba meet up this Sunday through the NYC shiba meet up group...Here's a link to the event:

http://www.nycshibameetup.com/calendar/10828851/
  • edited July 2009
    Phong, as I stated in the other thread, come to blydenburgh this Sunday, it is hands down the best park we've been too just farther away, and at 11AM there should be no traffic on the LIE nor the Northern State (we take the NS).

And there's always Tikanni the husky to stop any annoying dogs from bothering Bingo ;-)
  • edited November -1
    That sounds good, i will try to make it out there this sunday....
  • edited November -1
    We had another meetup today. SPAM to follow shortly.
  • edited November -1
    Katsu is growing up- she looks bigger!
    What a great time!
  • edited November -1
    Here's some pics from our meetup on the 19th.

Teddy the fruit-bat

Tikaani and a mystery dog

That tickles

Cody

Lucy, Dawn is in love with this dog.

Shiba huddle, only bad things will come out of this

Tetsu, handsome man

Another Cody

Kobe, 3years old

Katsu and Cody... like two little shits passing in the night.

Something no one has ever seen before!

Nose to Nose

Eye to (brown) Eye

This is what thumb wrestling looks like when you don't have thumbs!

Shao New and Katsu, The boy is mine part 2. 2009 remix by Diddy.

Shao New : So then I said to him, I said...wait your gonna love this part...are you even listening to me?
    Cody:What...

THIS is a butt check
  • edited July 2009
    Well this past meet up was quite fun, and I'm surprised at how many actually did show up since we wrote up the post pretty close to the scheduled date.

when I came in, since no one else was there yet, I hung around the big dog section in hopes that Tikaani will get his chance to beat up Tetsu before we take the meet up into the small section. Well, it didn't work, Tikaani wanted to get to the shibas the whole time (he even snuck into the small section and did what he could to avoid capture while other small dog owners gave faces at how he "definitely isn't under 25lbs"); and instead of beating up Tetsu when he could, he found a very sweat pittie to rough house with.

Photobucket

She even stole a slobber rag off of the bench and they enjoyed a quick tug game before I was able to get it away from them.
    Photobucket

Now on with the meet up spam:

Love the fae Katsu is making in the background (almosst like she's doing a Tikaani impersonation)
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Tetsu, for some reason, bowed while watch people bring in their dogs:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

For some reason, I just like the effect in this picture:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    awesome pics!!!! Shao New's "smile" is so teethy - I love it!
    And the shiba huddle - oh my. When our two and Hachi do that (similar color scheme, too) it always results in something "bad"!
  • edited November -1
    Katsu's snarky face is my favorite!
  • edited November -1
    I never realized how much a devil she looks like when she gets snarky. She's evil cute.
  • edited November -1
    My fave is the next to last shot of Katsu - what a happy pup!
  • edited November -1
    Wow these pictures really make me miss my old Shiba playgroup. What a great time. Tikanni standing in one bucket and drinking out of another is pretty awesome.
  • edited November -1
    We'll post some of the pics we took later on tonight. Great time had by all again!

And something about water bowl pics, I love them! :)
  • edited November -1
    oh, and I think our Spuddy and Katsu have a love hate relationship LOL
  • edited November -1
    I think it's more a love to fight relationship.
  • edited November -1
    Awesome pictures!

Katsu has grown so much. :)

And the Shiba huddle... oh my. lol.
  • edited November -1
    Joe / Dawn,yeah, the two of them are fiesty, huh? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.