Hokkaido inu films and photos from Japan

I have large collection of films and pictures of hokkaido inu from Japan, I will start slowly to post them here :)

Beggining with the newest ones:

Hokkaido puppies playing in snowy hokkaido:

http://f.flvmaker.com/mc2.php?id=DqrcPpC7XhMULHK_GXIJNlqx2ByJyosB7NOlWRY2jkZLCdP3k.lFQs&logoFlg=Y

http://f.flvmaker.com/mc2.php?id=AnrcPpC7XhMULHK_GXIJNlqx2ByJyos/7NOlWRY2jkdLAVV1nblFQs&logoFlg=Y

Comments

• edited November -1
    I love the black and tan one!!!
  • edited November -1
    Great pics!!! They are such a good looking breed!  I love the pic with the puppy and the black and tan one.  So adorable!  Im sure you're making a lot of people on this forum very jealous of you!!!
  • edited November -1
    They look like very big shiba's!!  I love the white ones!
  • edited November -1

Time for new pictures :)

• edited January 2008

Ok bragging time! Tongue out

I am now offically on Roberts waiting list for a male Hokkaido puppy for late 2008/early 2009 (hopefully)! I am so excited as this breed is amazing and even people in Japan have a hard time finding. My pack will be complete (for then anyways)! Its all of Brads fault for having an awesome looking pack that make me want more and more! Wink

Robert--by the way I love your new pictures especially the hat picture!Sealed

• edited November -1

WOW! Jamie, I think that makes you famous or something! Smile

Congrats - I have to admit, I'm a little envious! (tho we have way more than enough dogs)

• edited January 2008
    Im sure as soon as Kona gets to be about 7 months or so (full grown maybe sooner) your going to give in get one. Sealed
  • edited November -1
    hehe.... who knows! I can tell you this tho, the Taos county limit is 8 dogs per home, so we have to be pretty selective now - and we are thinking of breeding Kais and/or Shikoku. So that makes it kinda tricky. We can apply for a Kennel license tho, and then there is no issues.  Wink
  • edited January 2008
    Those pictures are amazing I love to Black and Tan one. brada1878 I hope you do start breeding Shikoku's AND Kai's! With more breeders the Kai Ken could be entered into the AKC miscellaneous class within the decade, and the Shikoku into the FSS program.
  • edited November -1
    Okay, I am sure this has been discussed many many times. But is the shikoku acknowledged at all by the akc?
  • edited November -1

It is tradition that each year DOKENHO organistation is prepraing a Hokkaido inu callendar, here some pictures of it:

• edited November -1

And article about hokkaido inu from japanese dog magazine:

• edited November -1
    Whats the article say??
  • edited November -1
    I don't have idea Sealed
  • edited February 2008

LMAO

Hopefully it is good! 

• edited November -1

Congrats again on the article - looks like it was very nice!

The calendar looks really cool - do they sell them?

• edited November -1
    Beautiful pictures!!!! I absolutely LOVE the white ones.
  • edited November -1

Time for more pictures from Japan.

At first hokkaido inu temperament tests, here a dog without proper temperament:

As you can see, dog is totally not interested, or even he is affraid.

A young hokkaido inu female 

A pair of brindle hokkaido inu, very rare indeed! 

Hokkaido with welsh corgi 

Another show, this time puppies comparision

I didn't know that even puppies are participating in temperament tests. 

Another japanese publication about hokkaido inu, my friend has told me that this yearly publication with news about breed. 

Main stud dogs are described 

Dog breed standard is explained.

Friend of us with her dog - Rikki, this flag is a symbol od dog show winner.

• edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing.  The puppies are beautiful, wish I could have 5 or 6 myself.
  • edited November -1

I keep wanting them to be bigger. Somehow in my head the Hokkaido is a big bad a$$ dog.

That poor puppy wants nothing to do with that bear. At least they gave it a bear cub for the test and not the six hundred pound monster the full size dogs get.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing! 

• edited November -1

Are there ANY in the U.S.?

They are amazing! 

• edited November -1
    A few, at least 2 as far as I know.
  • edited March 2008

I love it when you post pics, they are always so interesting! Smile

Those brindle pups are really cool looking, I am becoming brindle obsesed! Kon'a brindleing seems to have slowed down. Undecided

Two Hokkaido in the USA? You need to get thim on this forum man! lol! Wink

• edited November -1

I don't know this person directly, I know about him from japanese webpage - Bob Simmons from Boulder, Colorado, a little about him: http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Simmons_Bob_117763702.aspx he is owner of two imported from Japan hokkaido inu.

• edited November -1
    hi,
    ktrebor, I`ve read all this topic, right now, and there are at least three hokkaidos (besides Kangai, of course :) ) imported from Japan to US.
    In fact, two of them are in Bob Simmons`s hands - red male RAMAT and red female - PIRKA.
    But in the same Year - 2000 was a black and tan male HEPER imported to Middleton in Wisconsin...

I am sure, that like in Europe - also in US there are living some Japanese, who brought their hokkas from Japan - with them as a home pets, not for breeding just fot having thier favorite breed :)
  • edited November -1
    Recently Hokkaido inu become famous in Japan. A Hokkaido inu male is a star of Otosan Soft Bank comercials :)

----

---

---

---

---

This one you should watch - Hokkaido inu signing Christmas song :)

• edited November -1
    Robert thanks for sharing those videos with us! I cannot believe in a few months Kangai is going to be that big! Is white Hokkaidos in Japan the most popular??
  • edited November -1
    I think the white is my favorite color for this breed.
  • edited November -1
    Nope, only about 25% of hokkaido inu population is white.
  • edited November -1
    Those are great! What handsome dogs... and so well trained!

Thanx for sharing.

----