Saya's picture thread! Updated jun.9

edited January 2016 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Well I'm getting my shiba inu puppy tomorrow I'm so excited to meet her.

I plan to adding more pictures soon once I get her, but for now here's some pictures of her that I got from the breeder. From her description she sounds like a very nice shiba inu. =)

I plan to take good care of her and I'll be taking her to puppy kindergarten once she's old enough so that'll be fun I just fell in love with her with the first two pictures.

The first picture is her at 3 weeks old, the second is 7 weeks, the third one is 7weeks too she's the one on the left, and the fourth picture is the pup drinking the water.

Comments

• edited November -1
    She is adorable. Congratulations. I have never seen so many black and tans (which are my favorite).
  • edited November -1
    How fun! I love B&T as well - Moto & Roxy worked their way into my heart and know I oooo and awwww over B&Ts.
  • edited June 2009
    Don't forget Tetsu! Congrats on getting such a beautiful little girl. Lot's of spam is expected. I'm so jealous right now, I want a Black and Tan.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, Jewel is such a cutie...Can't wait to get some 'take home' spam of this b/t beauty.
  • edited November -1
    I haven't forgotten Tetsu! It's just that the first B&T that I ever saw in pics was Moto, and the first B&T pup I saw in real life was Roxy.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, what a cutie! And already with the dirty nose! :)

CONGRATS!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations! She is really cute. I can't wait to see more pictures of her.
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations! I love the second picture.
  • edited November -1
    Cute! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, they have great looking black and tans! Congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks alot I do plan to spam like crazy when I get her and when she's home I'll have to exercise Bella before the intdroduction she's really good with puppies she met a small German shephard mix, and a lab puppy and she was so gentle, but I want to be safe since this'll be first time she meets a new dog in the house.

We'll let them meet outside before going inside and of coarse no toys down intill I can trust them even then I'll have a leash on Bella and a big watchfull eye, but I'm sure things will go ok I'll post how the two get along and pictures once it's night or maybe the next day after that depends how things go.

I just got her a nice small food dish some tennis balls and chew toys for in my room when I'm there with her I can't wait to get her intill then I'm playing with Bella and doing some cleaning work in the house I'm sure time will fly. ^_^
  • edited November -1
    SO adorable, congrats!!! Classy has produced some really good looking B&T's.~
  • edited June 2009
    Here's a drawing I did four months or so back I wished I dated it, but I forgot also sorry about the image quality had to take a picture of it to get it on the computer the scanner has been not working so I'll have to fix it.

I've been rereading my two shiba inu books to brush up on my shiba knowledge then it's off to bed also I plan to do a blog something like that I never done one before, but it'd be interesting to try it out. Any ideas on a good site to do a blog on that's free?

I'd like to say thank you to everyone for all the indepth information I've gotten reading this forum I have found alot of info on shiba inu and it's nice to learn about the other Nihon ken. I hope to contribute with my experiances with raising a shiba inu and I'll be sure to ask any questions that may arise. =D

Maybe once I get her I'll have some inspiration to draw her or something I'll also have to post a picture of my B&T shiba inu paper mache mask I did 5 years ago sadly it got broken from moving it still looks nice just it's ear is coming of slightly, but I'll fix it soon I just keep forgeting to do it.. lol

So far I don't really know anyone locally that own a shiba inu there was a indianapolis shiba meet up, but it's gone I might make one someday or maybe not depends on how things go, but hopefully I can find my shiba a little friend to play with in Lafayette Indiana.
  • edited November -1
    WoW! She's a Keeper!!!
  • edited November -1
    She's perfect!!!! Were all the puppies in the litter B&T's?
  • edited November -1
    Can't wait for puppy Black and tan puppy SPAM!
  • edited June 2009
    I got her home ok she's just so funny when she plays with the dog toys and Bella is going fine with her she doesn't know to be gentle she tris to box her, play bowing and all that,but I'm keeping an eye on her and trying to keep her calm and gentle.

I'm only able to post 6 pictures right now I need to walk bella some.

One question it could be I'm just a worried first tome shiba puppy owner she's 8 and 1/2 weeks old my question is how do they walk she's pretty tiny, but right now she sorta hops like a bunny when she walks and run is that normal? I think my mom said she was walking like that yesterday, but I forgot I was so tired from the drive so I didn't really notice how she walked when we got her I thought that was maybe how shiba pups run because she was pretty excited to see us.

I have dial-up so uploading a video is near impossible sorry I'll be taking her to the vet for a check up soon anyways I hope she is ok anyone got videos of their 8 week old shiba playing and walking around?

I've seen this video and that's how she runs she'll walk like that, but it might be from the harness i'll have to take it off and let her roam in my room some so she has some freedom from bella for a bit and see how she walks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFl8oCL1Mo

This is my first time owning a shiba inu and I'm sure it'll be a fun ride. lol
  • edited November -1
    What a sweetie. Congrats on finally bringing her home, she is too adorable for words. She already has such beautiful markings
  • edited November -1
    Hey Nicole :)
    what a lovely little bt shiba...really a jewel :)!!

about your walking problem...hm. I have only seen 5-6 weeks old shibas hoping through the gras, dont know when they start with proper walking.. at this age they are able to walk nice but have some balance problems but dunno how it is with 8 week old puppies...

but be patient..Im sure in a couple of hours there will be more qualified answers :) for some people its early in the morning : )

give your lil baby a kiss from me!!
    Bye lisa
  • edited November -1
    Super cute. Congrats on your new family member.
  • edited November -1
    She is adorable. I love the ones of her sleeping!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!! Marian does breed some gorgeous pups.

Off subject, did you see her new import puppy, Chie a Kai from Japan, by any chance?
  • edited November -1
    I am so jealous right now. What a beautiful little Jewel.
  • edited November -1
    Adorable! Congrats! ~
  • edited November -1
    OMG How cute!!! Just want to squeeze her! :o)
  • edited January 2016
    I got alot more pictures I'll hopefully upload more tommarow things are finally settling down with Bella she's not so crazy with her and more gentle there's a few times she wants to play rough, but she stops when we tell her to. I'm sure Bella will be alot better as the days go by.

Saya has been great very playful carrying toys bigger than herself growling while walking along and sometimes she'll walk to me with the toy and wag her tail and growl a little it's so cute I can't wait till I get a faster internet to be able to upload her videos.

So far no accidents except when she peed on my when I picked her up in the morning to go potty lol, but so far she is good she'll try to chew on the wooden stool and the couch, but I make sure I have a toy or chew toy close by to show her what to chew on.

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of her pink cat she loves it and it's bigger than her. lol
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear your having a good time with her. Enjoy her puppyhood, it really flies by. I know how you feel too. Sometimes I look and Katsu and I can't believe we have a shiba. I can still remember scouring youtube or the internet just to find a new video of a shiba. I can't wait for more spam of you cutie.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on bringing her home! She is absolutely adorable.
  • edited June 2009
    It sounds like a dream come true more like it -smiles-. You've got yourself a Shiba pup! How cool.

I got Shoushuu at 8 weeks and I noticed that when he was feeling excited (or playful) that he would literally bounce around everywhere, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just give Saya sometime to be a cute & silly puppy -wink-. Pups will be pups.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks alot for the comments she's doing well she's really settling in it's so funny to watch her drag the fox toy around the room growling while doing it. Last night was her first night sleeping in my bed she did good she has a spot on it with her favorite fleece blanket and her toys which she played with for a bit. I played Okami for a bit which everytime I made Ammy bark she sat and looked at the TV it was cute.

Bella our 7 month boxer is doing incredibly well with her now considering her size and weight it's funny 44 verses the little shiba. lol Bella lets her play with her toys just fine and sometimes she'll get a toy and play with it. A puppy is just what Bella needed she's much calmer now and if Saya is taking her nap Bella will just go lay down somewhere or chew on her chew toy I'm so proud of her. =)

Yesterday evening there were a few loud fireworks while I hads saya out to potty she didn't seem to bothered by it so that's nice.
This discussion has been closed.