Miso's Place

Since Sake and her legs have their own thread I figured Miso should have one of his own as well.

Miso is doing great. Shedding like mad and making me use the vacuum more than I like, but that is okay. He hates the rainy weather we are having and is SUCH a princess about his feet being wet. He runs out, forces out a pee, then runs in and shows me his paws as if to say "MOM! Look how wet they are! Wipe them off NOW!".

Miso doing his "tough boy" stance...

Comments

• edited November -1
    Awwww! My favourite soup <3 He's got such a handsome face :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Aww! How cute is his tough boy stance! :)
  • edited November -1
    i LOVE miso!
  • edited November -1
    ooof, he's beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Oh, Miso, you are such a sweet heart...so much like my Tetsu
  • edited November -1
    Poor Miso was left out on his own thread. ha ha
  • edited November -1
    I was wondering where the all Miso discussion was.
  • edited November -1
    Ah, he is so cute! Funny about the rain and his paws! :-)

And boy is he a noisy boy when he plays! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Miso is going to start training for his CGC test in July, we are also looking for Agility classes for him because he loves to climb things! Im not sure how he will do in the tunnels though, just have to wait and see!
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Kristin,
    What is it about your dogs and the body-builder poses? Do you square off with them and do "Ah-nold" poses or something?:)

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    A-ha, Miso thinks he's a Bulldog ;-P
  • edited November -1
    Miso's Bathtime Picture

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Soapy Shiba!!!! He's so sweet!
  • edited November -1
    Silly Miso. He looks so unhappy! His color is so beautiful though, he's uber red
  • edited November -1
    Just a little Miso Update:

So as you may know Mr. Prissy Paws (aka Miso) hates the rain and refuses to go outside in the backyard for more than five seconds in it. Seriously, he runs out, takes one step off the deck, pees and then runs right back inside. He will walk in it on the leash but it is NOT his favorite thing. He also hates pooping in the rain so we have been in a constant battle with him, he will hold it for as long as possible until the rain stops. Even if it's not raining, wet grass is on his list of evil things as well. Hopefully our New England weather will decide to improve so my poor boy can get back to normal. The other day he actually pooped in the house (and felt REALLY bad about it) because he had to go so bad and didn't want to go outside in the rain. (we wern't home, we came home to 2 days worth of held in poo at the top of the stairs:P)

Other than that he is doing really well, he is using his easy walk harness (custom made by bark and giggle) and is learning how to walk without pulling me all over the place. Once he learns how to walk with some manners we are gonna work on some other things he needs for his CGC test (hopefully he will be ready to take it by November/December). I was looking into agility for him, but it's all outdoors and he wouldn't like to do that with the weather we have been having, so that is on the back burner for now.

• edited November -1
    Poor poopy!
  • edited November -1
    Mommy and Daddy I missed you! I left you a stinky present!

I love the first pic with Sake in the background. He just has this smile on his face like he just played a practical joke on her. "Wait till she tries to stand up, I put crazy glue all over that carpet!"
  • edited November -1
    I bet he was upset about going in the house, poor guy.

Nemo may have a lot of issues, but I can walk him in a sideways downpour thunderstorm and he will do his business. I'm greatful for things like that.
  • edited November -1
    He was upset, he wouldn't go near the stairway and was acting ashamed. Chris took him outside and I cleaned it up and then I went down and gave him lots of cuddles and love. I know he didn't mean to do it, he is just a pansy sometimes :P
  • edited November -1
    lol @ Joe! Miso is such a handsome dude!
  • edited November -1
    Poor Miso.
    I really like his face on that photo with Sake in the background, I think Joe nailed the expression :-)

He might be needing a nail trim...
  • edited November -1
    Sudsy Miso! too cute!
  • edited November -1
    Very cute. Funny how our Shibas have "issues" ;-)
  • edited November -1
    I know Rui, he does need a nail trim! I get about one a night...by the time I get through all 10 it's time to start over :P

I just got a dremmel and have been turning it on next to him to de-sensitize him to the sound we plan on doing a peanut butter kong, nail grinding session either tonight or tomorrow.
  • edited November -1
    just a quick question, are shibas sensitive to loud sounds? and do you have to trim (or grind, i guess) their nails often?
  • edited November -1
    My shibas are not sensitive to loud sounds (thunder, fireworks) but Miso was nervous the first time I turned the dremmel on and put it towards him. I think it was more him being wary of me cutting his nails.

We used to walk on pavement a lot at our apartment which kept their nails naturally short (cement/asphalt is like a natural nail file), but now that our walks consist more of grassy fields I would say that I cut his nails about once a month.
  • edited November -1
    ok, thanks! he's such a cutie boy!
  • edited November -1
    Poor Miso. Glad you gave him lots of love. I don't blaim him personally. I hate walking on wet grass. That first pic is classic.
  • edited November -1
    Miso had a great weekend because it was finally nice outside and the lawn dried up enough for Mr. Princess to go out an play. He is such a silly boy!

Some new weekend spam.

"This is MY Chewy..."

"No Sake, It's MY Chewy...not yours...go away"

This discussion has been closed.