Introducing Kei-kun

Cute, isn't he? -grins-

Here he was searching for leaves to eat:

And this is the "I am cute but trouble" look:

He has an awesome personality. He is very friendly, social and outgoing with people. However, he is also a little "stinker", but this is VERY good!

=(^-^)= So this is my new puppy.

Comments

• edited November -1

congratulation with your new puppy

he is beautiful

i hope you have a long and happy life together

• edited November -1
    He is gorgeous!!!
  • edited November -1
    Very cute puppy (I'm still waiting to see an ugly puppy).  I love how EVERYTHING is a chew toy to a puppy.  Congrats on your new family member.
  • edited November 2007

Awwww!  He is so adorable!

Congrats and good luck with your new puppy.  He looks like he's going to be a handful.  *grins* 

He likes to eat leaves?  Anakin used to love to eat leaves.  And chase them.  He still chases them when the wind kicks them up, and I love it so much.

Enjoy your new baby! 

• edited November -1
    Yay!  Congratulations!  He's great.
  • edited November -1

Aww Corina,  Welcome to Shikoku parenthood.  He looks like trouble alreadySurprised

How old is he?

• edited November -1
    He is beautiful!!!!!!!  Cant wait to hear the stories!!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Corina! He is so cute, he looks like a little stuffed animal.  :c)  I bet you are so stoked to finally have your Shikoku!
  • edited November -1

Tikiko - Thanks! I hope that if I am to have (human) kids of my own, he will STILL be around, lol.

Jessica, Brandon, Heidi and Rachael - Thanks! His cuteness is his only saving grace!

Lisa - YES! He likes to attack and then eat the leaves. Silly puppy. He is so spunky;  I think he is going to make an excellent Tracking dog. However, I am seeing the same problem Lynx has...he is a bit hectic and quick with the scenting.

Dorothy - Kei is 2 months...9 weeks to be exact. He is trouble! He is suppose to be resting up tonight because tomorrow we have a 3 hour waiting time for boarding. Then a 9 hour flight and then maybe an hour for unloading <--- once we are back in L.A. He was throwing a FIT! I kept ignoring him, but I finally had to give in and take him out. Since he was wasting way too much energy jumping like a spring to try and climb out of his pen. He seems to be very content now laying on my lap and arm <-- all settled and calm --> I think he is falling asleep!

Brad - I am TOTALLY stoked about my Shikoku puppy. He really has a wonderful temperment that will match perfectly with Lynx. I don't think I could have asked for anything more. He is PERFECT! I got EXACTLY what I asked for.

I can't wait to get back home and start his training! We learned "sit" today. I started his training in German, but I wonder if I should switch to Japanese commands??? So when I am talking to my dogs, they don't get confused as to whom I am talking to?

• edited November -1

See what happens when you have kids?! They take over the computer. 

• edited November -1

He's too freakin' cute!

Welcome to the Shikoku forum, Little Man. We've all been waiting for you. Your mom has been planning for you for the longest time. Don't know about your sister, though. LOL!

• edited November -1
     We just picked up our Shikoku puppy from Peggy yesterday! This seems to be a popular puppy season - I've never gone through this kind of process to get a puppy before, it was definitely an experience. She's a gorgeous little red sesame (well, she's mostly red and cream now) and very sweet. We're naming her Sora (it was harder than I thought to choose a name. We had a list, and then none of them fit!). I'll post pics as soon as we figure out how to post pics on this site... Yay!
  • edited November -1

Congrats! I'm sure you guys have your hands full right about now. :c)

What breeding is she from?

Please, please, please post pics.  :c)

I'll be interested to hear how she does with your B.C.s...

• edited November -1
    I haven't been on the forum in a while.  Love the photos. It's so wonderful to see other Shikoku dogs. Congrats on your new addition.  What a handsome Shikoku pup!  Best of luck with everything.
  • edited November -1
    The Peggy has both parents... the mom is Sweety, I can't remember the kennel name of the sire. I have their registered names... Sora's dam is also a red sesame, and about 33 lbs. We're guessing this is what Sora will turn out like - she's 8.6 lbs at 10.5 weeks. When we went to pick her up, two of her brothers were there - a cream and a red sesame, just like Sora. They were already 2 lbs more than her! The sire is about 47 lbs, and they look like they're headed that way. All the pups were very friendly and interested - it was hard to choose, but with 3 boys at home already, I wanted a girl (and after 4 days, we're absolutely crazy about her!). She's very smart. We keep her in the sofa/living room area with us when she's out of her cage, and she figured out how to get behind the sofa so she could run over to the kitchen and investigate the boys. Once she got that, every chance she got she'd try to get back there, even when we tried to block it off (and was successful, mostly). We finally have something that stops her, consisting of a side table, a folding chair and a card table wedged between the sofa  (which is at an angle) and the wall. Once she couldn't get through that, she started running in a circle up through the table and around, then proceeded to try and crawl under the table - multiple times. Like maybe the next time it would work. Now she is chewing up a paper towel, better get that...