Norwegian Buhund

any one see these guys yet. they just got their akc recognition this year. They got put in the herding group. Since they're a spitz breed they look like a shibas bigger cousin.

Norwegian-Buhund

Comments

• edited November -1
    my friend tahts looking around for a puppy just show me one of these. they look great.
  • edited November -1
    I considered getting a buhund when I was looking for a herding breed to get into. I decided to go with iceland sheepdogs for a few reasons, but I really like the buhunds. They are very handsome!
  • edited November -1
    I saw them for the first time here at the AKC Seattle show in March! I was instantly drawn to them...nice looking dogs and they had a pretty good demeanor. I can't wait to see more of them!!
  • edited November -1
    My family moved here from Norway during the war and in the rural areas my Aunt said nearly everyone has them to use as herding and companion dogs. They are kept as family pets as well as working dogs and apparently make excellent , intelligent and highly trainable watch dogs. Legend has it they were the origional Viking dog, with ties to Corgi and Vallhund. Of course Buhund and Lundehund were the stuff of legends when I was growing up, so of course I wanted them as an adult, but the high pitched barking was a real deterant.

I was thrilled to see a nice male at a show in January, and astounded to see so many in March at the Seattle show. They were on the cover of the AKC gazette recently. I guess they are becomming popular in agility, too.