Kahlo's Home at Last!!

edited March 2009 in Other Breeds
Wow, what a wonderful day!!!

We went to the kennel and picked up Kahlo...freshly bathed and soooo excited to see us!! I got her leashed up and was totally surprised to see that she took to it far better than I thought she would! She's definately a puller, but willing to learn!

We headed out to the parking lot and the back of our van was open...she just jumped in, no prompting at all...and was like..okay, let's go!!

We took to her to our area dog park and she was in nirvana! We kept her on leash the entire time, but not ounce of dog agression! We worked hard at heeling...and by the end of the walk she was doing pretty darn good...she's about a C- in heeling.

The big test was getting home...and dealing with the cats....he held our breath and released the little monsters after Kahlo had some time to eat dinner and get settled. To our amazement, she showed some interest...but no desire to eat them...she won't chase them, and in fact is somewhat hesitant with them, especially our big male who is trying to basically stake out his territory. We're keeping Kahlo tethered and will do so for the next few days until everyone starts to get comfortable.

She's a fantastic dog and far exceeds anything I could have expected! She's got her basic commands down and is just wanting to love....she accepts grooming, no problem and even had no issues with me being around her food (hands and feet)....we are so blessed to have this wonderful dog share our lives...she's just a wonderful, wonderful spirit!!

Now, for the spam!! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kahlo

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wonderful! "released the little monsters" lol!
  • edited November -1
    Yay! Congrats! What a pretty not-so-little girl! :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! That sounds like the perfect first day.
  • edited November -1
    She is SOOO pretty!!!!!! I love that shot with the orange kitty lounging on the arm of the couch... totally a cat I would love! Kahlo looks so relaxed already :o)

Hopefully our two adoptees will get to meet this summer!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your family! It seems like you guys make the perfect fit!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations!
    It really sounds like a fantastic start.
    She's a very pretty girl, and she looks so much like a puppy on the third photo.
    :-)
  • edited November -1
    congrats! very pretty girl, sounds like u guys had a great day/start!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations. I love the name Kahlo! She is beautiful.
  • edited November -1
    Kahlo looks right at home...Congratulations to a new family member.
  • edited November -1
    That is fantastic! Thats a wonderful first day!!! I hope it only gets better from here on out!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! Sounds like you had a great first day. :) And Kahlo definitely seems to have made herself at home!
  • edited November -1
    I love your monorail cat!

Sounds like a really great day! Glad to hear that things are going well.
  • edited November -1
    What a nicely behaved girl, she sounds like a great match.
  • edited November -1
    She is a great looking dog. Congrats on your new family member.