Do you remember Tinkerbell?

edited February 2009 in Rescue
Some of you newer members may not recall Tinkerbell, but last year I trained a very special shelter dog I named Tinkerbell. She is a very large pit bull who became the first CGC certified Providence shelter dog prior to adoption. She was eventually adopted by a really great couple who fell so in love with her that they came back and adopted another pit bull from us. Ali (like Muhammad Ali). I got to visit them today. I cannot tell you what a gift it is to see a dog you desperately tried to find a home for, frolicking in their new yard. I took a couple videos. Thought I would share.

Smoochy Tinka
Smoochy Tinka

Comments

• edited November -1
    Thanks Jess - they're precious!
  • edited November -1
    what a beautiful dog and what a wonderful thing to do! that's so cool... a forever family w/ a forever yard!
  • edited November -1
    Jessica: Thanks for sharing the story and videos... Ali and Tinkerbell are ... oh so vicious, I mean ADORABLE!!!! What a couple of sweet doggies!
  • edited November -1
    It's always great to get the updates that let you know everything is okay!
  • edited November -1
    Yay! :) I am glad she found her way into such a great home. :) And with such a great brother!
  • edited November -1
    yay tinka tinka!
    her and her new brother look so cute in that video :)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the update on Tinkerbell. It is great to see her and Ali so happy together.
  • edited November -1
    Aww <3

She looks so happy it's great.
  • edited November -1
    This is great - she looks so happy! That's cute they adopted Ali too.

----
  • edited November -1
    It's very cool how well they get along.
    Tinkerbell is still a cutie and Ali a good looking guy.
  • edited November -1
    I was actually blown away at how amazingly they get along. At one point they were sharing kibble out of the same bowl in the same crate.
    I would NEVER recommend free feeding with pit bulls and yet they are fine. I guess no rule is concrete.