anybody catch "me or the dog" this weekend?

edited February 2009 in Other Breeds
Wow! The show involved a family with a Belgian Shepherd and a Northern Inuit Dog. That was a gorgeous pair of dogs!

Does anybody know what variety / type of Belgian Shepherd that was? From my research, all I know about are the Malinois, which looks like a more lithe GSD, the Tanuvuren, which has long hair that is two-tone, the all-black Belgian Sheepdog, and then there is something called the Groenendael which looks shaggy in the pictures I can find of them. None of these had that perfect northern dog coat, and while the groenendael might sport that grey on white pattern, I haven't found any pics of similar dogs.

OMG and the huskies...the woman who lives with 32 huskies....could you imagine?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Did I catch the wrong one?

All I saw was Victoria Stillwell playing matchmaker to two people. Is her British version still running with new episodes?

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Ahh that's an old episode, I've seen it like....80 times lol I love how in order to exercise them they "pull" their owners :)

While I think the Northern Inuit / Tamaskan / Utanogan breeds are stunning, there's a lot of mischief amongst each club which has put me off on the idea of getting one. [ at least until, they've become more stable ]~
  • edited November -1
    I saw the matchmaker one as well... not really one of my favorites (because of the attempted love match) but still a goody nonetheless.
  • edited November -1
    The one looked like an Inuit, but you know how people are alwyas saying "My dog is purebred this or that", I think that is what happened with that other shaggy dog. It looked and acted like just another husky/malamute mix. As far as I know, there are the 4 Belgian varieties you mentioned (Sheepdog, Terv, Mal, and Laekenois) and they are smallish framed. This was an old episode, in the UK, maybe they have more varients of Belgian breeds we aren't used to seeing over here? It looked like a malamute cross.
  • edited November -1
    Yup! There are only 4 varieties:

- Belgian Malinois
    - Belgian Tervuren
    - Belgian Laekenois
    - Belgian Sheepdog or Groenendael (they are the same)

I wish I had seen the episode, but I don't watch TV shows (unless it comes on DVD).
    Might I be able to find it on the internet?
  • edited November -1
    Honestly, it in no way resembles a Terv or Mal or mix of them in any form. They would have to show me papers and then I would seriously eat my hat.