We just dropped the kids off at boarding.

edited October 2007 in General

It's amazing how it never seem to get easier to leave them. Jen even cried a little.  Frown 

We are kinda pathetic.

We will be back Sunday tho, so it's not a long trip. This will probably be the last time we board them, from now on we will hire someone to stay with them at the house. The cost differences are just not large enough to have the dogs not be more comfortable at home instead of in a cage at the vet.

Comments

• edited November -1

Jay and I have always hired a sitter. The best bet is to find a friend who has a college kid in their lives. They are psyched to get away from roommates and most of the time they will do it for free.

Although I keep no alcohol in the house, and I have all financial documents and personal data locked in a safe, and my computer is all password access so they can't snoop.

But with all our weird pets it really is the only way for us. 

• edited November -1
    Petsitting - this is what mother-in-laws are for, lol.  My mother-in-law petsat Tojo for a week once and she took him to work and everyone loved him.  It's a good situation because he knows her (and now that we have more pets - they know her).  
  • edited November -1
    My dog walker also pet sits. It is pricey but Moto is in love with her so that works in a pinch. But whenever I am away more than a simple overnight, I pin down the first person I can find who has many roommates, loves animals, and hates loud parties. They typically consider pet sitting a quiet house with cute fuzzy animals and all the pay channels a vacation.
  • edited November -1

Heidi- I swear I thought I read "monster" in law instead of mother in law...no I dont have any issues to work through.

We havent left the dogs ever yet since we got either of them.  I have never been a night away from them and I dont know how I will do.  I have Nina and another friend that I know will take them if ever needed....although I dont think Nina is fond of Sasha pooping in her house....hehehe

Brad-I hope Hilo's paw is ok, I forgot to tell you that today...