I met a Dutch Partridge dog again today

edited January 2009 in Other Breeds
A client brought their 3 year old Drentsche Patrijshond (Dutch Partridge Dog) in to the clinic for vaccines. Oh my gosh, she is the sweetest girl, lots of energy and drive but so attentive to people. She has really matured since a pup. That's something I'm just not used to with the shibas, but with this girl, you could tell she really wanted to please you and work and give loyalty and affection. All that in one amazing dog-wow. Anyways, the owners are planning a breeding and I so want one of her pups. I guess they are great family dogs but also wonderful mild tempered gun dogs, retrievers and working field dogs that will quarry all sorts of game in all manner of terrains. Hmm, something to consider when I get a larger property...Some pictures for reference, not of this girl but they look pretty much like her.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wow! Stunning :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Looks like a spaniel. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Oh, oh -- competition for Josephine on the hunt ---- hmmm... wonder how that would work?

They are beautiful doggies! What is their typical size, in weight? Looks to be maybe a 50 lb. dog or so at full size?
  • edited November -1
    Haley is a good sized girl, substantial bone, bred to work and definately won't melt if she gets bumped around a bit during the hunt. I think she was about 50lbs. Downside is that they are a "velcro dog". I would definately have to be available more or have another family member be around or the dog would become neurotic. Definately not as content to be on their own as shiba generally are, that's pretty nice sometimes.