Shibas need homes! (VA, CO)

edited January 2009 in Rescue
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/pet/978362679.html

"Loves kids! Good with other animals, loves playing with dogs about his size or larger. Raised with cats. He's full size at about 20 pounds and looks just like a little cream colored fox.

He's crate trained, sweet, energetic, housebroken, enjoys traveling with you and will happily cuddle on a passenger's lap on car rides. He knows sit and lie down (including hand signals!) and loves to play fetch.

We moved to an apartment and it just isn't fair to him to keep him in his crate for our long night shifts. He would love a fenced yard to play in and some new playmates - especially kids of any age or other dogs! We will include his crate, leash, collar, papers, food and favorite toys.

He is a purebred, has not been neutered, papers included, up to date on all immunizations. We are asking a small rehoming fee of $75."

**This pup is being considered for rescue, if anyone is interested in fostering or giving this pup a forever home, let me know - or email the craigslist email directly. Thanks!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hello! I have been looking for a playmate for my Shiba puppy, but everyone who's up for adoption in my area is too big for him! I live in Alabama though. I hope it will be possible for my puppy and I to meet him! I will contact the craigslist email for information as well. Thank you!

~Kouda & Laura :)
  • edited November -1
    hi laura! if you want to whisper me your email, I'll put you in contact with the rescue volunteer working on this pup's case - thanks!
  • edited November -1
    Laura,
    you should be hearing from a nat'l shiba rescue volunteer soon about the VA shiba. There are people willing to help transport, too. So if you are seriously interested, when they email you, let them know!
  • edited November -1
    Thank you! That's great news about the transport.

Do you know how people typically manage a long-distance adoption when another dog is involved? I'd like my dog to meet him before I make any final decisions, to make sure they get along.
  • edited November -1
    Wow. Another Shiba in need in VA? I wish I could help! I really do. But Bella is not keen on non-neutered males. (and we really do not have the room for a foster right now.)

However, Jen, if someone needs help with transport, I will be happy to assist. Roanoke is only about an hour from me.
  • edited November -1
    Holy Christmas puppies, batman...

Anyone in Denver, CO?
    http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/981633939.html
  • edited November -1
    Poor Xmas pups :( ~
  • edited November -1
    That freaking sucks. I cried a little just now.
  • edited November -1
    The little guy in VA found a home!! Not with me :( But with a friend of his original family's! :)
  • edited November -1
    Yay! :)

There will be more Shibas for you Laura :) ~
  • edited November -1
    well that is good news!