Tetsu & Tikaani Time(YAY CGC!)

edited January 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Figure I'd copy everyone's brilliant scheme of spamming their pups. Well Here's the lowdown:

Tetsu (shiba inu) is now at about 7.5 months, weights 16.5 lbs and is 13.5" at the shoulders. Since we've been taking him to the dog park every weekend, even in the freezing snow, he has gotten very friendly with other dogs and people. Tetsu will run towards me when I call his name, but he'll also run right past me without stopping.
He used to be very nervous around bigger dogs, but since Tikaani now out weighs him and we have migrated to the big dog section, Tetsu sniff and greets every dog he sees. He's still a bit shy around most varieties of children, but now he actually greets them before realizing they are small and loud.

Tikaani (siberian husky) will be 5 months in 2 days, weighs 39.5 lbs and is 19" at the shoulders. He used to be a big chicken at the dog park, always hiding between someones legs if not ours. He still is somewhat of a chicken, but now he actually sniffs around and will run towards Tetsu to play. Tikaani tries to play with some of the smaller dogs, but when the other dog gets too excited, back to our legs he goes.

The two of them rough house all the time, so much so that we have to break it up since Tikaani has a thing for going for Tetsu's throat and shaking like no tomorrow. For the most part, they get along, and they don't bug the cat unless she's moving.
Tetsu has kind of an abusive love affair for the cat. He'll follow her around, nipping at her tail and ears, practically relishing at the fact that she smacks him on the head. After he has thoroughly pissed her off, Tetsu will try to lay down next to her and get frustrated at the fact that she doesn't want him near her.

And now, the moment everyone waits for, the pictures:

Tetsu:

Practicing doggy yoga in his sleep
yoga
making use of Teddy's(my sister's schipperke) Christmas present
Tetsu7
Tetsu enjoying his own after Christmas gift
Tetsu8
Tetsu9
Tetsu sleeping with Safyre on my bed
TetsuandSafyre1

Tikaani:
Tikaani6
Tikaaniface2
Tikaani5

Safyre:
cat3

And all three of them together:
threesome

Comments

• edited November -1
    And here's a video of them trying to raid an empty dog food bag.

also, a cute pic of my family's cats. They are both outdoor cats, so they aren't housebroken. They are brought inside when it's cold out or raining, and kept in the bathroom. It was laundry day, so the hamper was empty, but that didn't stop them.
    catshamper
  • edited November -1
    Calia: Great pics! What a nice happy family! Everyone seems to be enjoying one another in your household! Thanks for sharing!
  • edited November -1
    Cute!! Love the picture of all three of them together :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Nice pics - I love the laundry cats.
  • edited January 2009
    Here we go, some happy spamage of my pups.

Tetsu's love affair with the cat continues, too bad she just barely tolerates him
    Tetsu&safyre
    Tetsu&safyre2
    Some bedroom shots of Tetsu
    Tetsu12
    Tetsu10
    Tetsu11
    The two of them in the bedroom
    2some
    As well as a little snow on Tetsu's head
    2some2

And now some videos.
    Let's start with a mini playtime, background sounds courtesy of Spongebob

And end with a chorus of yelps and howls starring Teddy (schipperke up front), Tetsu and Tikaani, as well as Petey (shih tzu mostly hidden by the chair). I've joined in as well:

Enjoy:)
  • edited November -1
    Yowzah. That's quite the chorus! I didn't realize you had 4 dogs. I thought it was just 2.
  • edited November -1
    Tetsu is adorable ---- I think the black and tan Shibas could be my favorite (maybe they just remind me of our dog who passed away a few days before we found Josephine)... Tikaani is beautiful too! Great doggie singing

Thanks for sharing...
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE the chorus :) ~
  • edited November -1
    I should have been more clean about the dog chorus. I do have just 2 dog, the other dogs reside with the rest of my family at my mother's house. The Schipperke is my sisters, while the shih tzu is just there since my aunt dumped him on my mom. There's also a chihuahua in the mix, but she was more scared if anything of the chorus.
  • edited November -1
    the Schipperke was one of the breeds we considered before finding our first shiba - how is your sister's?

The chorus was fun to listen to!
  • edited November -1
    Teddy(schipperke) is not really an accurate depiction of a schipperke, and I have met quite a few very nice schips when he first became a part of the family. First off, my sister got him from a pet store, this was about 6 yrs ago and we were all so naive when it came to stuff like puppy mills and such. He had a serious case of kennel cough, so 3 months of visiting the vet. He is also the family's first dog, so much experimenting in ways to raise a pup have been used on him.

Because of all this early bad events in his life, he is high anxiety and can be very aggressive at times, especially when his personal space has been invaded. He is very food possessive, but has gotten better when it comes to people around food. He is very dog reactive, even with the socialization given to him, and he has "corrected" my guys several times. They just shrug it off and continue to try to greet him as if he is their best friend. Teddy always hated the "in your face" attitude of so dogs.

Even with his high reactivity, he is still a pretty good dog when you have something he wants(people food) or he has had a good nap. He's highly intelligent, very similar to shiba intelligence, and retains selective hearing. When my Aunt first met him, she swore he was def because he wouldn't react to his name. It was easy for the family to teach him many tricks, of which my mother loves to show off to everyone who sees him. What I find interesting is that even when he is in a bad mood, growling and snapping, he'll still listen to commands. He'll sit, down, roll over, and be giving you lip the whole time.

Sometimes he gets frustrated at the language barrier between humans and dogs, and he starts to whine when we aren't understanding what he wants. He knows that "You wanna go" can be followed by something good such as walk, out, ride. On his own, he's trying to mimic the word "out" to let us know that he really needs to go.

He's pretty good at the dog park, when I get a chance to steal him, even though he is very reactive at home. Aside for the random puppy jumping on him, he is very well behaved and happy. He even plays with my pups, which surprised me since he was always after them inside the house.

Just as any schipperke, there is one person in his life that he loves more than anyone else, to the annoyance of my sister it is my mother he loves most of all. No matter what, he has never done anything negative towards mom, and when given a choice he would run straight to her.

And though he has some pretty bad personality faults, I still love him as my own pups, even though he is my sisters.
  • edited November -1
    I LOVED the pics and Videos!!!!! With all that barking in the last video I really wish I knew what they were trying to say. lol
  • edited January 2009
    Video of Tikaani I took yesterday. His current weight is 45 lbs, and I'm surprised the shrub can even hold him, he left a major indent though.

And in case your wonderinf, that's my sister singing in the background.
  • edited November -1
    How cute! How old is Tikaani now?
  • edited November -1
    Tikaani is a beautiful dog!!

Thanks for the skinny on Teddy. They have a Schipperke rescue in my region that I talked with for a while, but I never got as in-depth interest as I did the Shiba. Maybe one day we'll adopt a little Schipperke, I like intelligent dogs :)
  • edited November -1
    Tikaani is about 5.5 months, he'll be 6 on Feb. 5th.

I really do love Teddy, even though he's high anxiety. I'd probably get my own schipperke one day as well
  • edited November -1
    Awww. Sake will be 6 months old on Feb 3rd, they are almost the same age! :)

I love love love Huskies SOOOO much and hope I can own another one some day. My two female huskies were SO wonderful!
  • edited November -1
    Felt like posting these up, caught Tetsu and Safyre snuggling in bed together last night and yesterday morning after getting up. She tolerates him so long as his mouth remains closed, and he won't do anything unless she's moving.

First, the morning:
    Tetsu13

TetsuSafyre1

Then the night:

TetsuSafyre5

TetsuSafyre4

TetsuSafyre2

TetsuSafyre3

And one of Tikaani so he doesn't feel left out:

Tikaani7

Enjoy:)
  • edited November -1
    Love the video of Tikaani --- what a vicious shrub! He is going to be a big doggie at full growth!

So fun to see Tetsu and Safrye snuggling!

Your dogs and the cat are cuties!

Thanks for sharing!
  • edited November -1
    OMG, that are adorable snuggling together. I think Kuma and Nyx might have some competition. :-)
  • edited November -1
    They are so cute together.
  • edited November -1
    I'm really late to all your spam - I'm sorry!

I watched all the videos, they made me LOL. What a great couple Tetsu and Tikaani are... they are real goofs!

[your cats are cute too]

----
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the comments guys and gals...

It's funny, Safyre doesn't always tolerate Tetsu, but when it comes to nap time they're all over each other. She's an old lady, will be 10 in September, and has had to deal with plenty of dogs. She spends most of her time sleeping on my bed or snuggling up with me wherever I sit.

Here, I'll give you guys an older video of Tikaani when he first was in the bush. He's about 3.5 months and about 20lbs. He started going in the bush when we threw an old dog bed on it. It's funny, you can kind of see his "eyebrows" from when his gray was developing on his forehead. This video was also my first attempt at playing with windows movie maker.

• edited November -1
    Cute video! Ha Ha Ha! So how was Tikaani's tummy after the "bush snack"? I'm amazed that he wasn't all done after the first taste!
  • edited November -1
    LOL. Thanks for the video. I don't think I would have understood what "going in the bush" meant if you hadn't posted it. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Awwwwwww!!!! Husky puppy goodness!!!! ~
  • edited November -1
    I'm always so jealous of snuggling cat and Shiba pictures. Cute dogs. Tikanni is really great looking.
  • edited November -1
    Cute videos!! Tikaani is a crazy man! :-)

It's always great when cats and dogs get along nicely, and make for great spam!
  • edited November -1
    At least he is snacking on that bush and not the furniture! LOL!
  • edited November -1
    I love it when my pups and the cat get along, even if it is just brief. Tikaani is actually better with the cats than Tetsu. Tetsu tries to get them to play like a dog, nibbling body parts and licking eyeballs, apparently the cats don't like that too much. Any reaction a cat gives makes Tetsu want to "play" with them even more. If a cat is not doing anything, or gives no or too much reaction then Tetsu will try to lay really close to them

Tikaani on the other hand, will come up to a cat and start gently chewing on their fur, like when a dog is scratching an itch with their mouth. The cats, seeing a "big" dog so close to them will freak out and smack him in the face, causing Tikaani to make his howly bark.

And true, it is always better when they don't eat the furniture...

Even though I put down the bush as a snack, and he was chewing on it, he actually didn't eat that much of what he was chewing on. When you look around the ground by the bush, you see a lot of chewed up greens. That's not to say he didn't swallow any of it, I'm just saying that he didn't swallow all of it. Now he's been using the bush as a source of eating the snow, for some reason Tikaani won't eat snow that has been on the ground for too long.
This discussion has been closed.