Shiba in RI/MA area needs a home.

edited December 2008 in Rescue
A couple days ago, a friend of mine called me, and said "I know this may be too soon but, my friends brother needs to re-home his 3 year old shiba inu and I wanted to call you. I figured even if you are not ready, you have a network of folks who may be able to help."

Well Jason and I are NOT ready to add a third dog. We are still devastated over Moto and really want to make sure our girls are 100% okay before we make any shifts in our pack. SO I am reaching out to you guys.

His name is Ricky. He is a three year old creamy, who is neutered and up to date on his shots. He gets along very well with other dogs, and is very friendly. His owner (who I do not know personally) is a touring musician and just wants Ricky to have greater consistency in his life. He is a typical shiba, and could use some obedience work. But seriously...how many shibas couldn't?

If you are interested whisper me.
ricky

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Look at that smile on Ricky, I hope someone can help out, or he can get into rescue.
  • edited November -1
    he's very cute. they could reach out for a courtesy listing through NYCSR.
  • edited November -1
    We may do that next. The owners dad is handling things right now. And he is a little overwhelmed so I am trying to ease him into this. Ideally we would place him before the new year.
  • edited December 2008
    Jessica, Im still asking around to see if we can at least find him a nice foster home... I will let you know.

I can also do a transport if needed to another area, the Shiba Mobile is always ready to go!
  • edited November -1
    Bump for Ricky!
  • edited November -1
    Another Ricky Bump!

Im still asking around.
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful pup. Good luck placing him.
  • edited November -1
    Awww I hope he finds a home soon <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    Aww he is adorable, i wish i could have another one! Good luck on finding him a home!
  • edited November -1
    I so wish things were different right now. Adding to our pack is put on hold (for good reasons) but I hate it! There have been so many shiba's I have begged Chad to rescue, which is unfair of me to put him in the position I know he will say no.
    : (
    He is so cute!
  • edited November -1
    Rachael, If you adopt him I am so driving down to Atlanta with him, Miso and Sake to meet you, Sasha, Niko, LJ, Jazz, Dave and Lucy and Joey! AHHHHHHHHH, That would be SO fun!
  • edited November -1
    That would be fun!
  • edited November -1
    LOL Kristin...I so wish!
  • edited November -1
    Oh please?!?!? I have my whole journey planned (with help of the members map!), I will stop by the Rabbit Pack in RI, Head on to see Nan and Tosca in CT, down to PA to visit with Steph and Toby, Jen Tsuki and Kitsune and Hanzo, Visit Pong Pong, Through VA to see Casey Bella and Nola, and on to Atlanta...
  • edited November -1
    You could stop in Pa to see me as well!!!
  • edited November -1
    According to the members map you are in China...maybe a typo in the Lattitude and Longditude? :)
  • edited November -1
    OOOH! I might just join you on your way to Atlanta if you stop by! :)
  • edited November -1
    I think the China thing is usually the result of an omitted - before the longitude.
  • edited November -1
    Alright you guys, come on down! We have a meetup this Sunday.
  • edited November -1
    haha i don't know how to put my longitude and latitude in haha, but i'm in Pa right outside of harrisburg!!! That would b so fun to meet up!
  • edited November -1
    homeless dog people...
    homeless dog.
  • edited November -1
    Oh I Knoww Jess. I keep asking aroung but no one is "shiba ready" and I want to make sure he goes to a place that is able to handle the shiba 'tude. I will keep putting the word out.
  • edited November -1
    just getting people back on track before this thread gets completely off...
  • edited November -1
    just getting people back on track before this thread gets completely off...
  • edited November -1
    I'm seeing double...

Probably a stupid question, is he on petfinder yet? ~
  • edited November -1
    did this dog find a home yet? My sister is actually looking for a either a shiba or a sheltie.
  • edited November -1
    I just got a call from my friend saying that Ricky got a home. Unfortunately I was given no more info. Which kind of makes me sad. But all I can hope is that whomever adopted him loves him completely.
  • edited November -1
    well, i'm glad he got a home... i hope they love him completely, too!
  • edited November -1
    Yay! :) ~