Just got back from the dog park w/ Ahi and Hilo...

The second I walked in with Ahi this younger lady walked up to me and pointed at Ahi and said - "Is that a hybrid?". I responded calmly and said "Oh no, she is a Shikoku; She does look a bit like a wolf tho." The lady said "No, that's a hybrid". I was like "No no, she is a Japanese breed, very rare; not a wolf".

Then she leashed up her dog and left.

WTF?

Comments

• edited November -1

It is a weird night. Every person I encountered today seemed extra confrontational.

My favorite was the japanese man who very confidently explained to his wife that moto was an alaskan malamute puppy. ans was horrified when i corrected him.

are the stars out of alignment tonight? 

• edited November -1

LMAO here too!  We went to the dog park and first they were telling me Niko was a Jindo...THEN a Jindo did show up (first experience ever and he peed on my foot, hiked up his leg and peed!!) and then this lady came in with her toddler and no dog and the kid was chasing my anxiety ridden mix who was doing so good until that! BTW the Jindo was a stalky dog!

UGH!!! 

• edited November -1

Wow - I guess it's in the air or something.

Jessica - I'm always surprised at how few Japanese people I run into actually know what a Shiba Inu is. I dunno, of r some reason I figured it would be like how American know about Labs or Goldens (everyone has one). I guess not.

Rachael - I have never seen a Jindo in person. Was it about Ahi's size? Did it do well with the other dogs? Did you pee on it back?

• edited November -1
    The Jindo was not as big as I thought.  He was short and stalky...maybe like a large beagle but a little larger.  He was very sweet and cute. And no I didnt pee back! LOL Thank goodness I had flip flops on!