Shiba Hybrid's

Cross post from another Shiba group and Akita group. How frustrating is this??

UGH

[QUOTE]Heavenly wrote:

So me being bored and not knowing what to do while my sons asleep I hoped on the computer and decided to look at a few of my favorite breeds, well.... found out some of them are crossed to make a "hybrid" AKA mutt for money.

Here are some interesting hybrids for you, all are taken from the American Caine Hybrid Club link.

American Eskimo x Shiba Inu= Imo-Inu

Boston Terrier x Shiba Inu= Shibos

Cocker Spaniel x Shiba Inu= Shocker

Papillon x Shiba Inu= Shi-Pom

Pomeranian x Shiba Inu= Pom-Shi

Poodle x Shiba Inu= Poo-Shi

Yet I didn't see not one Akita hybrid. Seems like the majoirty of the hybrids are little lap dogs.[/QUOTE]

Comments

• edited November -1

Yes, I have read about most of those - they all end up looking like poorly breed Shibas. The list of "designer" breeds is ridicules:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americancaninehybridclub.htm

Some of them I just don't get, I mean you would not think anyone would want some of these dogs mixed.

• edited November -1
    Wow, I really don't see the point in all these crazy hybrids. 
  • edited November -1
    Yea, I don't either.  Undecided
  • edited November -1

I mutt is a mutt is a mutt!!  Dont we have enough already???

UGH  to breed to make a Mutt???Yell

• edited August 2007

Our neighbor's daughter has a 'labradoodle.' Ugly dog, but real friendly Good playmate for Ronan. Although, I'm sure a regular lab would have been just as sweet.

I really don't get it either. I can somewhat understand breeding say, a chocolate lab and a black lab, or the american akita with a japanese akita, but two distinct different breeds? For crying out loud - go to the pound and adopt!

Anyone notice that there are a lot of Golden/Chow mixes? Seems I come across one a month. Errr?????

• edited November -1

Yea, if you visit the humane society every other dog is labeled "chow mix"... I guess there are a lot of chows running around or something. Or the humane society can't tell the difference in spitz dogs so they label them all "chow".

The only time I understand the creation of a hybrid is when it's being breed for a specific purpose - like a mushing dog or the "Sulimov's dogs", but even then I can't say I 100% agree with it. I think there are enough dog breeds, we don't need to create anymore.

This discussion has been closed.