Latest Toby Update (6/29)

edited November 2008 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
oops, my other thread got closed, so I might as well start a new one. ;)

I'll add more tomorrow, but I don't have my card reader with me. I took video + photos with my laptop tonight. :D

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Toby is so cute --- thanks for sharing.

Ok, technology is always a surprise to me --- videos and pics with your laptop? How does that work?
  • edited November -1
    lol. I have a macbook pro. I have a camera built into the top part of my laptop. ;)
  • edited November -1
    I find it somewhat amusing that you keep checking to make sure you're still on camera periodically. :-)

Toby is a licking monster huh? :-)

Is he getting darker?
  • edited November -1
    he is still so beautiful, and big! how old and big is he now??? I love the Toby!

not a hijack - i promise - but do shiba males keep on growing and filling out up until they are about 2? Kitsu has gained some weight, but I think he's taller and his chest deeper and he most certainly filled out since we got him a year ago. When do they stop growing?
  • edited November -1
    He will be 11 months old on the 24th. :)
    His birthday is on Christmas Eve! :D

I got lots of new photos, but like I said ... no card reader. I'll upload them when I get back to college. xD

He got much darker in his back, and his winter coat came in. He's extra fluffy. ;) heehee.

hm, I'm not sure when they stop growing, but I know for a fact that he's over/around 35 lbs. He's so heavy. I had a hard time picking him up!
  • edited November -1
    He is a HUGE shiba huh. He is as big as Miko. He is a handsome man nonetheless.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, heres the photos. Or a few. ;) I gotta find the rest. xD

• edited November -1

It's still processing, but here's Toby and Coda wrestling this morning. My cat is ... very crazy and just jumps around and attacks Toby. ;)
  • edited November -1
    Toby is adorable!!
  • edited November -1
    i would swear that in the pic of him at a distance looking back at you that he was a shikoku!
  • edited November -1
    OMG -- too cute of him playing with the cat! Very cute video! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Awwww! Toby & Coda are ADORABLE together! I love videos of Shiba playing with cats, it's like they take on the cat's play tactics. :)~
  • edited November -1
    They're really cute playing, Toby does sit on Coda, heheheh.
  • edited November -1
    Wow. 35lbs? He's huge. Romi, how much does Ninja weigh? If I recall, he's also around 35 lbs.
  • edited November -1
    Toby is so cute. 35lbs is a big boy! Miso is barely 21lbs...
  • edited November -1
    And I thought Joey is big at 27 pounds, 35 is HUGE. I think we should change his name to Gigantor. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Cute video! So, if Toby is 35 lbs., how big is Coda (seems to be a respectable size in comparison to Toby --- maybe a 15-20 lb. cat?)? ANd love the pics of Toby in his yard...Looks like a busy boy with the ball, striding purposefully with his pack, etc.! He is beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    "i would swear that in the pic of him at a distance looking back at you that he was a shikoku!"

Well, Toby is as big as my Shikoku, who at 14 months weighs 35 lbs! Toby's a big Shiba boy! ;-)
  • edited November 2008
    Coda is huge, but doesn't weight much at all. I think he's about 12-15 lbs. I haven't weighed him in a while. Back in the day when Toby was much smaller, they were the same size. But, that didn't last. I know Coda isn't that large, but when I say he's huge, I believe it. My last cat was a tiny little Persian and he weighed nothing at all, for his whole 16 years of life. :0

heeehee. Toby and Kuma could have a playdate and be the same size. xD
    I think Toby is more than 35lbs now. Its been like ... a month since i've weighed him. Its just funny, cause he's not fat or anything, he's nothing but muscle. 8)
    Must be that Orijen Fishy food.

... i'm starting to have a hard time picking him up. It was easy when he was a puppy, now its like a chore, just picking him up and carrying him around. Dx
  • edited November -1
    I came home on Monday afternoon and it's been so awesome to be back at home with my baby boy. I haven't taken many photos, i've been super busy. D:

We put up the Christmas tree today, and Toby was barking at the lights, and chewing on the ribbons. He gets to sleep in my room tonight, since my mom wants him out of the way in the morning so she can work on cooking the Turkey. fuuuun.

I took Toby to the dog park this afternoon and he played in the mud with all the other doggies! He was totally filthy, so I gave him a bath after we came back ( after all, he's gotta be nice and soft and good smelling for all of our guests tomorrow! ).
    Now he smells like Papaya! :) He hasn't had a bath in a long time.

As usual, he was totally cool with it. Toby never screams or whines in the sink. He just squirms. He hates the water on his paws, so I let him put his front paws on the split inbetween the sinks. I think he loves the shower head, though. It has little rubber points on it and I just run it through him and I think he likes it. Must feel good on his back!

I think it is totally awesome to wake up every morning to a wagging tail and little ears folded back. Actually, he might be suffering from minor separation anxiety, because I go up to my room and the stairs are gated off and he barks and whines. When I return ( an hour later ) he acts as if i've been gone forever or something. I do try to ignore him, though. But, sometimes it just puts a huge smile on my face to see him so happy to see me. But, considering i've babied him since he came home, and i'm his mommy, I guess it must be upsetting to watch me leave for days and weeks without seeing me.
  • edited November -1
    Toby is such a stud! :D I love his coat, such a lovely sesame :) [ & his super tightly curled tail is cute!! ] ~
  • edited November -1
    Toby is so handsome! He looks so big! Did he get bigger? I never noticed how incredibly curly his tail is! Great spam!
  • edited November -1
    Awww, he misses you. Joey give the greeting you just described to everyone except for me. I get a little jealous. :-/
  • edited November 2008
    I didn't take a ton of photos, but a few. I was busy this week. n___n;

I met some Shibas the other day at the dog park, and the black and tan puppy was sooo cute. Everytime I made noises, it'd jump right over and lick my hands and want me to pet it. :) I've never had a total stranger Shiba come up to me like that. It was rather cute.

I weighed him the other day, and he is now 36 lbs! :D
  • edited November -1
    He is a handsome man. I swear to god someone snuck a shikoku into that shiba litter...he is as big as Miko
  • edited November -1
    Ditto to what Jess said! :-)
  • edited November -1
    This morning, I took Toby outside for some naked time. xD He just looks sooo pretty without his collar on. :) But, of course, I watch him carefully. Popped his collar back on after we played for a bit.

• edited November -1
    He does look very pretty without his collar on! I swear someone stuck a Shiba face on a Shikoku body. :) And I just love his fluffy tail!
  • edited November -1
    Man he's got a great smile. :-)
  • edited November -1
    xD He is just as big as a Shikoku. I'm curious to see if hes as tall/long as one, too. ;D
This discussion has been closed.