Got Hilo a new bed....

edited August 2007 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)

And Maui claimed it. He is such a dork.   Undecided 

Hilo's new bed - Maui took it!

Comments

• edited November -1
    WOULD YOU LET YOUR DOGS STAY ON YOUR BED OR THEIR OWN BED? KATJA TOLD ME IT'S BETTER TO LET THEM STAY ON THEIR OWN BED
  • edited November -1
    Oh Niko is going to love that bed!  That is a bed for Hilo to grow into.
  • edited November -1

Myshikoku - No, I don't let ANY of my dogs on our bed. Our dogs can get on the couches, but that is it - and they are only allowed on the couch if they are invited [most of the time].

Rachael - Yes, I'm sure Niko will love the new bed too. The Shibas are always the first to claim a new bed. I have a pic of Hilo on his new bed, and it look surprisingly small! I'll find it.

• edited November -1

Here it is - Hilo on the new bed... looks a bit smaller.  Smile

Hilo on his new bed

• edited November -1
    LMAO I think that needs to be Maui and Kaia's bed once Hilo gets to be another month old and you just need to get Hilo a couch!
  • edited November -1

I know! That bed is half the size of Jen and my bed!

• edited August 2007

Wow. Big difference. How old is Hilo now?

And Embarassed Ronan sleeps 80% of the night on our bed. It started out that way because Ray was traveling so much, that I felt guilty keeping Ronan in the crate all night after spending 9 hours a day in it while I worked.

He's starting to get down sometime in the night to sleep on Jack's old bed.

He behaves, and it hasn't caused any real problems for him. But then, he's such a love-bug and laid back fella that it hasn't changed him. You can wake Ronan from a sound sleep and he'll belly-up and be lovey. I can take anything in the world from him and he's okay with it. He never growls except in play and loves attention from anyone who'll give it to him.

• edited November -1
    Hilo is 5.5 months old.
  • edited November -1

Yeah, I'm with Michelle, Tenji is allowed on our bed too.  He is a major snuggler and loves cuddling with us so he is permitted to jump up and join us.  He is, however, required to return to his sleeping crate during the night only because the cats need their time for prowling.

Hilo is turning into dogzilla !

• edited August 2007

Yes - he is getting BIG. Speaking of Hilo - I just got some pictures of Hilo's dad from an Akita breeder in Poland named Izyda [Izyda is a fellow Shikoku owner / forum member too]:

• edited November -1

Hilo already looks so much like his dad.

With the bed situation...our 2 were sleeping in the crates every night in our room.  We then went to letting them sleep on the bed once in a while, but we have to invite them up.  If they tried jumping up without permission they were told to get down right away.  Now since we are trying to sell our house we wanted to get the crates out of the bedroom.  So they are sleeping in our room (doors closed so that cats arent chased during the night).  They are not sleeping on the bed and they are doing very well sleeping on the floor.  Niko (shiba) LOVES under the bed and Sasha (rottie mix) sleeps on daddy's side of the bed next to the wall.  Last night they thought it was a very good idea to wake me up at 2am by playing.  I invited them  on the bed to calm down.  They calmed down and jumped down to go to sleep.  Such good girls!  I cant wait until we sell the house and move and start to let them free roam more instead of being locked up all day!  Sasha is FINALLY potty trained!

This discussion has been closed.