The Tibetan Fox

edited October 2008 in Other Breeds
This was posted on another forum, but I thought some of you may enjoy it too. I had never seen a Tibetan Fox before - it's a crazy looking animal!

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    Cool! Thanks for posting!
  • edited November -1
    The snout is very un-foxlike. Thanks for adding it.
  • edited November -1
    I think those guys were on Planet Earth. Funny looking animals.
  • edited November -1
    That's a scene out of BBC's Planet Earth series. For anyone who loves nature shows, the DVD set is a must. Apparently the series cost over $25 mill to produce and they have some rediculously amazing scenes and some pretty strange animals. I think I've watched it 4 or 5 times now. Just make sure to the get the David Attenborough version (which is the original), not the remake with Sigourney Weaver narrating...she's pretty weak!
  • edited November -1
    poor little pika
  • edited November -1
    Planet Earth is even better on Blu Ray / High Definition. We have the series playing all the time on the Big Screens at work. Amazing!

That fox looks like he's on steroids :D He's such a stocky guy and his face looks like some primitive sort of dog's face was cut out puton a fox's body. But there's also something minx-like about him too.

It's interesting as when you see him walking from the side, his head stays perfectly still, just like a cheetah.

Thanks Brad!~
  • edited November -1
    Osy, I was thinking the same thing about his head. His stance and movement is almost cat-like.

Thanks for posting, Brad. I think I remember seeing this on the Planet Earth series, but that is one odd looking fox. Once I get my copy on Blu-Ray, I will have to watch it in high-def. :)
  • edited October 2008
    lol...looks like a VERY primative, overly-sized, retarded Shikoku!

Gee...I thought Shoushuu had a massive head, this one tops it. Shoot, anything with "Tibetan" in it is hugh and interesting to gaze at.

Seeing all of these "wild" canine photos and videos...Shikoku look very much domesticated (yet, I do see similarities) -nods-.

Thanks for sharing. This fox is kinda bizzare and yet cute. They look like a species that ran loose with the Sabertooth and the Dinosaurs. It's cool, still alive and thriving!

I am amused and entertained by this, lol.