OMG Im so proud!!!!!

edited September 2008 in Other Breeds
Sasha JUST started to play fetch with Chad! Normally she has no idea what to do but Chad threw a toy while playing with Niko and she ran after the ball and brought it back....AND has done it a few times after!!
Im so proud! Sasha has not known how to play. A few months ago she started to play with Chad, jumping at him, bowing and so on, but just on her schedule.
Patience ALWAYS will pay off. We will have had her 2 years next month.
Chad and I can not contain our excitement right now!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Oh, congrats! :)
  • edited November -1
    Wow !?! I'm amazed you've had her 2 years and she has just started playing fetch? Mylie started from day one, and constantly annoys us by dropping toys in our laps so we'll play fetch with her.
  • edited November -1
    This is so great! I'm so proud of Sasha!!
  • edited November -1
    I should say we rescued her 2 years ago. She is learning how to be a dog, slowly-Niko is a good teacher. She plays with Niko all the time, but doesnt know how to play with us.
    In her previous life she was a bait dog and her other family had her locked in a crate with her sister and isolated and fed only once a week and lived in rain water with serious mange and rotted paw and major fear issues.
  • edited November -1
    Melissa: Sasha comes from a damaged past. The fact that she started after only two years is just amazing. I wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't ever started to play fetch.

Rachael: That's fantastic! I just want to squeeze her sooooooooo bad, but I know it would totally freak her out. Give her a big squeeze from me!
  • edited November -1
    Will do Dave!
    Her tail was going because she knew that she was making us happy so she was just as happy as could be.
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow! I am so excited for Sasha!

Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Go Sasha, Go Sasha, Go, Go!

What a lucky girl having found such a patient family to love her unconditionally.
  • edited November -1
    Im still melting in the whole thing. Been calling everyone to tell them. It was so hard to contain my excitement and not scream, clap and jump up and down...I dont think that would of encouraged the situation....
    Thank you all for letting me share!
  • edited November -1
    Gotcha, my apologies for not knowing the back story. No matter what her past, I'm glad she has a happy home and a normal life! Yayyyy Sasha ;)
  • edited November -1
    No prob Melissa, every little milestone with Sasha is amazing.
    Now she is looking at Chad like "daddy, why are you throwing the ball AWAY from me??"
    But she is catching them mid-air when he throws them at her...
  • edited November -1
    Yea Sasha! She is so lucky to have you guys!
  • edited November -1
    Yay! Congrats :D !~
  • edited November -1
    WOOHOO GO SASHA!!! That's amazing!!! I know exactly how you're feeling...its such an awesome feeling :)
  • edited November -1
    thats awesome - way to go sasha! when a damaged dog starts acting like a normal happy dog - is there anything better???! :))
  • edited November -1
    That is so awesome!!

I'm happy for you guys and for Sasha especially.
  • edited November -1
    Thank you all! I just love watching her get younger in front of my eyes.