brindle Hokkaido pictures

I found some picturs of brindle Hokkaido.
I love this color ! ! !

Comments

• edited November -1
    wow - I LOVE the color too!!!! Thanx for posting them. That second picture makes me really want a Hokkaido!

How many brindle Hokkaido do you think there are in the world?

I think the brindle Hokkaido may be the best looking brindle in the Japanese breeds... Akita too, maybe it is a tie... I dunno. lol.

----
  • edited November -1
    Brindle Hokkaido Inu is very rare, only about 1% to 2% of whole population is brindle.
  • edited November -1
    Maybe... one day ! (with a bit of luck)
  • edited November -1
    How pretty! The bottom brindle makes me think of a marbled cake.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, seriously. Those are stunningly gorgeous! :-)

Quoting Brad from my best recollection..."I have no interest in a Hokkaido" :-P

Hokkaido is the third dog on the list for me ... after my Akita and Tamaskan ... that's when I'd like to get a Hokkaido. Although these pics combined with the videos from the last few days kinda make me want to move that up the list. :-)
  • edited November -1
    And this is my favorite brindle hokka :) I call him Litll' Devil - He has something in his eyes :)
  • edited November -1
    I love the brindling on this one also -are his eye amber/gold or is it just a reflection of light?
  • edited November -1
    these dogs are AMAZING!! and the brindle - UBER AMAZING!!

The 3rd picture in the top is gorgeous, reminds me of the blue/silver brindle akita colors... stunning. Just stunning! I'm with DLR - I think the brindle Hokkaido move these dogs up on "the list"!!
  • edited November -1
    Contretely, it's the same color than Akita...(without urajiro)

In reality, "blue brindle" doesn't exist. (coat is not blue, but seams to be blue). In genetics, "blue brindle" is a red brindle, but with a very light red...

It's a shame that bridle Hokkaido are so rare...
  • edited November -1
    lol - I love that you guys call me out on things I write on the forum... lol! I will rewrite my comment to show the proper emphasis:

"That second picture makes even me really want a Hokkaido!"

----

Robert - I agree... he looks like a devil. I also agree that he is amazing looking!

So 1% - 2%... of what? How many Hokkaido are there [best guess]?

----

If either of you ever produce a brindle Hokka - I call dibs on it!!!!

----
  • edited November -1
    It is really hard to say (to calculate the hokkaido inu population). In Europe we have probably about 60 dogs, and I never heard about any brindle hokkaido inu in Europe. In Japan, I have only one clue - how fast the population is growing. JaJa has japanese hokkaido inu registration no. 131425, her mother has no. 130677 and father 130900, her mother is three years older than JaJa, so between JaJa and her mother there was 748 new hokkaido inu - almost 250 new dogs a year.
  • edited November -1
    Wow - those brindle hokka's are beautiful! Really gorgeous!

When my cousin came to visit a few months ago (he lives in japan) he had mentioned that he only knew of the Shiba, Akita, and Hokkaido - did not know what a Kai, Shikoku, or Kishu was.

He said that Hokkaido's are pretty popular in Japan. He also mentioned that Hokkaido's are pretty intimidating dogs and that he's pretty scared of them. Not sure why? And he said that people who own Hokkaido's have 2-5 in their household, not just 1. I thought that was kind of interesting.
  • edited November -1
    Although it's no secret I'm not a big fan of brindle in Akita, I think the brindle is my favourite Hokkaido. Followed closely by the white.
  • edited November -1
    I'm the opposite Rui. I really love the brindle Akita but not a fan of brindle Hokkaido. White is still my favorite on them.
  • edited November -1
    Gorgeous!!

And Brad we are always happy to bust on our fearless leader.
  • edited November -1
    WOW - those are gorgeous.

Sigh...every time I keep thinking I can live without one, I see another photo and start trying to think of how to make it happen.
  • edited November -1
    Like Rui, I've never really been a fan of brindle....until I saw Achiko. He's sooooo beautiful, it really opened my eyes to brindles. As for the Hokka's, they do look beautiful in brindle, though, like Rina, I prefer the white Hokkas.
  • edited July 2008
    More pictures from DOKENHO show
  • edited November -1
    I love the second one ! ! ! (quite same brindle as my akita Tanuk !)
  • edited November -1
    God the brindle Hokkaido are SO amazing. I don't think I realized how small they are.
  • edited November -1
    They are beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    OMG - please tell me you have more photos from that show?
    WOW.
  • edited November -1
    I have some photos from various japanese shows (my friend is sending them to me).
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Ktrebor....the information on the breed is really appreciated! I know I would know very little about the Hokkaido if you had not posted all the good photos and new about the breed.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more : )
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    I am thrilled to hear that ktrebor! I would love to attend such a show in person someday, but right now I'm just excited that I've found a board with someone that has!