Importing a Pregnant Shikoku Female

Someone pointed out to me that if we (Shikoku breeders; current and future) want to expand North American bloodlines and maintain variety that I should get an older bitch. Breed her while I'm Japan, then take her back and whelp the litter here in the States.

If I were do that, is there anyone here who would be interested in a puppy? They will be NIPPO registered.

This wouldn't be something I would do this year, but it IS something that I have to make arrangements for while I'm in Japan, as I would like to reserve a female from another Breeder. Have him raise the female puppy for me and aquire NIPPO show titles (if I can afford it!). 

I'm thinking 2010 would be best, but it is quite possible I can make it happen as soon as 2009.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Count me in!  That's a fabulous idea!
  • edited November -1

that would be great

erbny01@yahoo.com

• edited November -1

I would love to have one, but there is no way Jen and I could handle anymore... But if you need help taking care of any or anything I would be happy to help.   Smile

• edited November -1

LOL Brad...with your dogs, new additions and your Japanese breed rescue...you are going to end up with a situation out of the "101 Dalmation" movie (the live action one) but with Japanese breeds.

THANK YOU for your offer.

It's so hard to limit yourself on dogs. I, myself, had to rethink my WHOLE breeding programs (Malinois & Shikoku). Luckually I already have trustworthy people to co-own my puppies with. I think I've narrowed the list from 5-6 dogs down to only 3 (personal) dogs for the next 6 years!

I think I am off to a good start -smiles-

• edited November -1

I would just like everybody to know that I already have homes for the entire litter!

Crazy, huh? I'm not even sure that their mother is born yet, lol.

If you would like to be put on a waiting list in case somebody backs out or if I happen to have more puppies then I expected...then let me know. And I will contact you.

You can e-mail me at ShikokuSpirit@sterndrachen.com

Title the subject - "2010 Shikoku Puppy"

Right now I'm just taking names and contact information.

As the time draws near, I will have the puppy application available and the terms/conditions contract ready. Congrats to those who will be getting a puppy! They will be NIPPO registered. And they will have FCI-recognized papers.

• edited November -1
    That is too funny!  You ready to plan the next litter??
  • edited July 2007

Actually, YES! (Oh, in 2012 with the same female).

lol, I have an entire plan layed out for my Malinois and Shikoku litters for the next 10 years (I know I'm INSANE). Honestly, I put WAY too much thought into this. 

Though, I suppose it is a good thing. I will only breed what is necessary and never more. At least with the Shikoku I only have to worry about 3-5 puppies. Whearas with the Malinois they can have as many as 5-14 puppies in a single litter!

I use to work for a large scale German Shepherd breeder. She would have as many as 3 litters on the ground at one time, with anywhere from 4-9 puppies in each litter! On top of that I also took care of 40 other dogs...older puppies, adolescents, adults and seniors. She bred (just at her house, we are not even counting the co-bred litters) at least 10 litters (that's  how many I took care of). I only worked there for a year, she had more litters on the way after I left (I moved an hour and 20 minutes in the other direction and I didn't want to commute, that's why I quite).

Trust me, after working there, taking care of 14 dogs is NOTHING! However, because I DON'T want to end up like that...I think 1 litter of pups a year is good enough for me -smiles-.