The "Donkey", "Mule" or "Ka-CHOW" Kick...

I brought this topic over from the Akita forum - Michelle and I where chatting and she brought up how Ronan does this funny kick. I realized Ahi does the same Kick! - could it be a breed thing????

We call it the "Donkey Kick" - if Ahi is walking, or laying, or really doing anything and something touched her back leg she does this crazy rear leg kick... she looks like a bucking donkey or something. It's crazy - and it hurts if she hits you. She has launched thing across the room doing this. It's really silly.

So, if Ahi does it, and Ronan does it, any one else experience this silliness with there Shikoku?

Comments

• edited November -1

Yup, Tenji does it too but not that often.

He has a funny habit that occurs every single night.  He will go upstairs to harrass Sassy knowing that I will be up to scold him and as soon as he hears me on the stairs, no matter how quiet I am, he will be waiting in his ears back, tuck position and he will start with the zoomies.  Down the stairs around the dining room,the kitchen,  back up the stairs, jump on the bed and do the entire routine at least a half dozen times.  It is hysterical.  We are going to miss this when he grows out of his puppy/adolescent phase.

• edited November -1

Yup, Tenji does it too but not that often.

He has a funny habit that occurs every single night.  He will go upstairs to harrass Sassy knowing that I will be up to scold him and as soon as he hears me on the stairs, no matter how quiet I am, he will be waiting in his ears back, tuck position and he will start with the zoomies.  Down the stairs around the dining room,the kitchen,  back up the stairs, jump on the bed and do the entire routine at least a half dozen times.  It is hysterical.  We are going to miss this when he grows out of his puppy/adolescent phase.

• edited November -1

Zoomies are a trip - Ahi still gets hers every night. She grabs a toy and gets the other dogs to chase her around the house. It's a lot to take in when you have 3 dogs running full speed around the center of your house... and then one dog in the living room [Hilo] waiting for them to come around the corner so he can jump on them.

Ahi is starting to really have a nasty run of adolescents... I thought we where past it but she is starting back up again. She is being a bit destructive and bitchy. Frown

• edited November -1
    I guess you can't call it the Shiba 500 when it's a Shikoku. 
  • edited November -1

When Ronan does the rear leg kick, we call it ka-CHOW! It matches the catch-phrase Owen Wilson (Lightning McQueen) says in Cars. We even thought that Ronan's persistant and quirky personality reminds us of Owen Wilson.

Zoomies - Ronan does this at nighttime, too! EVERY night he goes to harass Tasha because he knows he's in for it when he does. Or we'll hear this frantic barking and go looking for him. He's usually UNDER the bed with just his head sticking out. When he sees us, he spins and races around under the bed (I have no idea how he can do it, but he does) and then he comes barreling out like he's been shot from a canon. Round and round the house, over the sofas, under the tables he goes like a mad-man.

Since we live in Georgia, we call it the K9 Nascar 400. Or yep, you guessed it - Lightning McFiend.

• edited November -1

Ronan sounds so much like Tenji right down to the zoomies.......Tongue out

• edited November -1
    Wow, I need a shikoku to match my shiba!  Oh, how Tojo would love such a lively companion.
  • edited November -1

Anytime a bug touches Nikkei's hind quarters, or something lightly touches him in the same area, and the "ka-chow" or donkey kick is triggered.  It normally makes me laugh, but the other day he did get a woman in the shins.  I apologized profusely.

Nikkei does the zoomies too - every night between 7 and 8 pm.