My latest endeavors

edited May 2008 in Products & DIY

Hey folks. 

I wanted to share with you a bit more on my paper/metal roses.  I took some pictures starting with Assembly. 

This is the entire product amount that I set up for the Farmer's and Craft Market at the open-air downtown Mall.  I sell on Wednesdays and Saturdays. 

assembly
Product1
product2
small rose
small rose1

I do the small roses with copper foil/colored paper on bottom.  They reflect up with the red and pink.  The assembly is a baby blue.  The stones are handpainted to simulate semiprecious material.  Sort of whimsical.  I guess they are paperweights. 
longstem
The bigger roses are made with a thicker aluminum flashing.  This batch actuall has a gold-toned metal finish but usually I only get the flashing in brushed aluminum/silver.   It is the identical pattern for both the 2" bloom, and these larger 4" blooms.  Even the leaves are the same pattern just reduced size for 2".   I just have fun with the paper choices for right now, but in the future I am certain I will begin to make my own paper instead and add that handmade touch.  By then I can say they "have" recycled materials in them.  

Here is the bottom so you can see the metal part, and each bloom gets a hand made tag; just like a "patent" tag on real roses. 
bottom metal

Cool, ok.   Oh yeah.  Hey Brad.  Maybe we can change the listing of this Topic Folder to "DIY" anything you do that requires assembly, instead of "dog-related" only.  This way I might be able to see other folks handiwork; such as your fabulous fence!

It's an idea.  Thanks, Ron

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wow Ron, they're beautiful. I love them!
  • edited November -1
    Those are fantastic!  Such great colors.
  • edited November -1
    Very impressive Ron! That's quite a skill you have. :-)
  • edited November -1
    By any chance do you sell those on ebay or take customer request/orders?
  • edited November -1
    Wow Ron!!! Those are really beautiful!!!  I agree with Dave, that is quite a neat skill!
  • edited November -1
    Wow. Those are pretty amazing!
  • edited November -1
    wow! Those roses are really nice Ron - Great job!!!