Looking for shikoku to visit
  • Hello, I am doing my prep work to hopefully add a Shikoku to my home at some point in the future and it's been recommended that I meet one beforehand. I would love to, but I have yet to even see one where I live in Nova Scotia. Wondering if anyone knows of any Shikoku anywhere on the eastern coast of Canada.
    I currently have a shiba inu and a KBD, and recently lost an akita inu so not completely unfamiliar with challenging, prey driven dogs :)
    Thanks,
    Jennifer
  • CrispyCrispy
    There are a couple people in Ontario and Quebec, I think? There was recently a meetup in Ontaio (iirc) on the "I Love My Shikoku" facebook page with a handful of Shikoku posted in the picture.

You might have some luck if you join there, if you have a Facebook.

ETA... I think some of the owners are on the forum, but I don't know how long it will take them to see this!
    Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
    Post edited by Crispy at 2017-12-28 18:00:09
  • GrayJJGrayJJ
    Hey there, I'm from Ontario - I haven't heard of any in Nova Scotia yet, but it might be helpful to ask a few breeders to see if they've shipped dogs that way.

Someone in our group here will head East maybe once a year, but they said their next trip is not anytime soon :(
  • Thank you for your replies. I will check out the FB groups to see if anyone is planning a trip this way. I am not in a huge rush - I am down to 2 dogs which is much easier for me to handle. And I imagine my KBD will keep me busy for a good many years to come - she is only 2 1/2. Just exploring options so when new puppy time comes, I'm not starting from scratch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion