Kurasi go Hokusei Kashinoki ("Kurasi")
  • CrispyCrispy
    I brought home my first ever Hokkaido Ken on Saturday morning, when we started the road trip from Carson, New Mexico, to Portland, Oregon. Kurasi went from not wanting to associate with me and staying as far away from me as possible to begging me to let her out so we could Do Things in the course of 3 days, over our road trip.

My Hokkaido experience has been short so far, and I know she will change as she settles in, but she is a VERY playful dog and very interactive with me. Moreso than my Kishu and Shikoku. She's about as chatty as Cuchulainn, my chattiest Kishu, and is super-expressive. She is also very much a sort of "hover dog" - always present, but not usually in my face (except for times she thinks she should be playing with me.) She's been mostly amiable with my dogs, as long as she has some time to approve of their presence. She's warmed up most to Cuchulainn (who she went on the road trip with) and Fionna (who is probably my least offensive dog).

She also takes a nice picture...

Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • SayaSaya
    Lovely pictures. I'm excited to read about your experiences from having her. :)

I'd love to own a hokkaido someday so eagerly soaking up info I can find.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 7year old Bella(Boxer), and 7year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Stunning Hokkaido! Can't wait to meet her.
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Awwwwww, Kurasi! :x
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
    --Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    --Brandon Sanderson, the First Ideal from The Stormlight Archive.
  • She's adorable!
    2 humans (Jason and Ayako), 1 Shiba (Misaki), 1 Hokkaido (Umma), 1 Bengal cat (Lilo) in Beaverton, Oregon.

Twitter: @mynwexperience
    Instagram: @mynwexperience
    Blog: http://everydayhokkaidoken.wordpress.com/
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    I'm glad to see her back in the northwest. She was a favorite puppy here :)
    info@hokkaidoken.org
    www.hokkaidoken.com
    www.hokkaidousa.wordpress.com
  • ShiroShiro
    She is beautiful!
  • CrispyCrispy
    She has been waking me up every morning at 5 since we got home with grumbly howls, and then does a ceremonial cheerful bounce out of her crate to "play" with me before she goes to the door to be let out. She goes to the front door... rather than the back yard... so we're working on that.
    Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • Silly girl!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion