Akiyama no Roushya's Toutarou x Fionna litter [Picture Thread]

edited April 2017 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
This is just for all my picture spam of the litter when I remember to update!

They were born on April 3rd, 2017. 2 white males, 2 white females, and 1 sesame male.

Comments

• Congrats! That little sesame looks like his color is going to be really rich. It's probably just luck of the draw, but considering Nami's all white litter and Fionna current litter, it seems strange that the percent of sesames is so low.
    Isn't sesame dominant over white? In a perfect world, shouldn't roughly 50% of both litters been sesame?
  • @Ajax - Yup! I had a 2:1:1 white to solid sesame to white-marked sesame ratio in theory (1:1 white vs yushoku with sesame being the only yushoku pattern that could be inherited, since both parents are genetically homozygous for sesame...)

Sire is aw/aw and E/e (only able to pass on genetic sesame, carries white coats)
    Dam is aw/aw and e/e (only able to pass on genetic sesame and white coats)

That said, little Coyote (his temporary name) turned out really dark with a really ruddy undercoat, even this young. I'm hoping that means his sesame will be nice as he ages. I was looking at pictures of Toutarou as a newborn and some of @Brada1878's Kishu litters as newborns to try and figure out where he'll fall... but I can't really tell, yet.
  • adorable!! can't wait to see more pics of them. Are they Kishu-Ken?
  • edited April 2017
    I can't wait until I can come play with them all. They're so cute!
  • @teer912 - they are Kishu Ken! :)

@whobitme - come visit in a few weeks!!
  • OMG. I have not updated this in a while. @whobitme COME VISIT!!!

These are dated pictures. The litter is over 4 weeks now and is going to start getting foundation training for focus, recall, and more socialization with the outdoors.

They are already peeing and pooping outside if they have anything to say about it!

Akiyama no Roushya Hisshou go ("Kai"), going to Missouri.

Akiyama no Roushya Kitarou go ("Haru") going to Rhode Island.

Akiyama no Roushya Tenjou go ("Roni") going to Texas. I am hoping she will stay intact as a future prospect!

Akiyama no Roushya Daikokuten go (temp "Bubba") going to Finland. If he turns out for the breeder he's going to, he's going for a trade for a pup out of their next NIPPO litter.

Akiyama no Roushya Amanouzume go ("Uzume") going to Nebraska.
  • They're all so cute! I really do need to come visit. I must cuddle all the puppies. I'm not sure I can this week, but I think I could next week.
  • edited May 2017
    SO CUTE! Thank you for the updated pics and for distracting me from whatever I was doing.
  • LOL, @Justin!

And that sounds good, @WhoBitMe - just let me know what day is good for you! We're home on weekends always if I'm not hiking.
  • @WhoBitMe Go visit so I can have more photos too. :D Would you take Meitou?
  • 33 days!

• For the love of God CJ, stop tormenting me lol
  • Can't do it. And it Nami has her litter this year, it's just going to be a year of Kishu madness.
  • Where in Texas is Roni going?
  • @howdynami - Houston/Houston area.