Tin-Tin 's thread!

edited July 2017 in General
I realized today that I had not posted the chronicle of Tin-Tin on the forum. I wish to remedy this.
Tin-Tin isn't a pure Akita but he is at least half, I hope that counts.

My derp looking like a German Shepherd:
Here we are more of an Akita:

Tin is a German Shepherd (husky?)/ Akita cross. We adopted him a year ago after his previous owners had to rehome him, not due to anything he has done but for personal reasons. They told me he was a Husky/ Akita mix as that's what they were told but looking at him the shepherd is pretty obvious. Tin came from a box at a farmers market and was a gift (a very expensive one I was told :(. ) to his previous owners. He is three happy years old.

He is stubborn, unfocused, unsocialized, neurotic, and sensitive... and I love him. I love everything about him, even the "bad" things, they just make him more endearing to me. before I got him he was an outdoor dog and has since moved indoors. He is very, very, very protective but I see that as a positive quality. He's not aggressive but he's always on the lookout. The only time its ever been a problem was the first few times he came horseback riding with me and decided that my horse was hurting me by letting me sit on it. They finally called a wary truce but every time I would accidentally fall while training Tin was sure to come streaking to the rescue, much to my horse's distress. He likes small dogs, the smaller the better.

I wish I could have gotten him younger so I could have trained/ socialized him more. He likes other dogs but gets frustrated when he can't greet them on leash or through the window and barks, we're working on that.

Recently we got a cat. We picked a rather ferocious feral kitten as we thought she would fare better in a house with three dogs. We were unsure of how Tin would react but as soon as he saw her it was love, the cat had other thoughts though. He thinks she is a magical unicorn and adores her, even when she is clawing his nose or biting his legs. He just drags her around the kitchen while she holds on.

I'll post things here as they happen :D !

Comments

• I forgot! You can't see it in the photos but on top of his head and stretching down to his snout, his facial markings look like a flying crane. Always thought that was pretty cool...
  • looks like 25% GSD to me, the top quarter!
  • looks like 25% GSD to me, the top quarter!
    hehe, he does kind of look like he had a GSD head put on top, doesn't he? Handsome guy with very unique colouring :)
  • Today we were finally able to greet another dog without any insane barking. There was still much bouncing but it went well. Baby steps...baby steps.