Heartbreaking... An 8 year old shiba pines for his young master killed by a drunk driver

edited August 2015 in General
A modern Hachi-kou story...

I came across this Japanese article yesterday and just teared up when I saw the first photo. :( :( :(

The poor dog is sleeping in front of a Buddhist altar which prominently displays a photo of the deceased.

Koyuki the shiba's 16 year old owner and his friend died in 2011 when they were hit by a drunk driver.
The mom of the victim started a movement to eliminate drunken driving.
As part of that effort, she enlisted the help of a professional CM creator.
In the commercial that was recently completed, Koyuki traces the beloved walking route as if she's looking for her master.

I'm sure we will be able to see the clip on youtube once the commercial is officially released.

It amazes me how incredibly loyal dogs can be in general...

The link to the original article (written in Japanese) is here. (It's from Mainichi Shimbun)
http://mainichi.jp/graph/2014/08/13/20140813k0000m040157000c/001.html

[Dear moderator, if I'm breaking any protocol in posting a link or a photo, please let me know!!]

Comments

• That's so sad.
  • So sad good luck on the mom's quest. I know a kid who was hit he was on sidewalk. :(
  • Very sad, the loyalty of these Japanese breeds is truly incredible.

I've had the typical popular breeds such as GSD's, Labs, Australian Cattle Dogs. While very obedient and willing to do everything for their owner, my Shiba is without a doubt the most loyal dog and pet (besides my cat that adores me) that I have ever owned. She mopes around the house and stares out the front door while I'm away at work (according to my S.O.) and is my distant shadow wherever I am...