Deviant Art Nihon Ken Group

edited October 2013 in General
I made a Nihon Ken group on DA, since there were a few Shiba and Akita groups, but no general NK groups (and I'm actually using my DA again).

I'm trying to make it as educational as I can, so I've linked several websites where people can go and learn about the breeds. I've linked @thewalrus' blog, the NK forum, the Dutch Nippon Inu website, and the NIPPO website for general pages to visit.

- For the Akita, I've listed the JACA and AKIHO.
- For the Hokkaido, I've listed the HANA website.
- For the Shiba, I've listed the National Shiba Club of America
- For Shikoku, I've listed both the Shikoku Club of America and the Canadian Shikoku Association.
- I tried to add the KKA for the Kai, but couldn't find the website. All the links I found went to a dead end. I listed the NA Kai Association as well.
-I did not list anything for the Kishu, since there is no club website

If anyone has any suggestions on what to add to the group page, I'd love to hear them. Even if it doesn't get a lot of traffic, I want to be as educational as possible so if people ARE interested in the breeds, these links can get them off to the right start.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Can you post a link to the group? I have a DA account.
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah! Sorry. I'm a mess today. I meant to link it up there. :p

http://nihonkencircle.deviantart.com/

ETA: it bothers me that I had to use 'Nihon Ken Circle', but apparently, everything else had been eaten by people before me... yet I couldn't find any other groups. :1
  • Aww I don't have an account wish I did though.
  • Aww I don't have an account wish I did though.
    You're a mangaka/artist who doesn't have a (free) DA account? You should.

@Crispy, so far it looks great! TK has his own circle! ;D

• Okay, I spammed you with all of my derp graphics.

I will put some REAL infographics and artsy stuff up in my gallery to submit soon.

Can you tell I stopped using DA like 6 years ago, and now I only use it to upload gifs that I can't put on Facebook..... >.>
  • Also the Akita club of America, for, you know, those American Akitas? ;)

http://akitaclub.org/
  • And here's a link about Jindos, since they are often confused with some Nihon ken:

http://www.jindos.com/jindo/appearance/body.html
  • thank you, guys!

Everything is added and now it doesn't look like a barren group I only spam my dog on. :p

@zandrame - I kind of liked that, but then there were times I went "awww... TK is the only one here. :("
  • I joined it will add pics of Saya.
  • Hmm I may get an account for this. Are we allowed to submit matagi inu photos?
  • Oh wow. I haven't been on Deviant Art in a while. I think the group is set up to automatically accept submissions, but I'm not sure.
  • Thought I had contributed some pics of Saya for shiba, but maybe I messed up or forgot.. submitted some pics for shiba inu. :D
  • I'll have to join once I can tolerate the people of dA again, but hopefully this will get the word out about all the nihon ken breeds!