We weighed Kodi - he's 95lbs at 6 months!!! He's a freak of nature or something!

edited September 2010 in Other Breeds
Yea, Kodi is LARGE. I didn't realize how big he is but he is really a big dog at this point. I mean, 6 months and 96lbs is nuts!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Kodi is a Caucasian Ovcharka puppy that was produced from us mating Luytiy and Masha.

To give you some perspective, Masha is 110lbs and Luytiy is 150lbs. Naum (and import), who is 8 months and taller than Luytiy now is 110lbs... That makes Kodi a freak of nature. LOL Kodi is heavier than Hilo (I think), and Hilo is pushing 4 years old now! (Hilo is a male Akita Inu that lives with Jessica)

We knew there where some giants in both Masha and Luytiy's pedigree, but you know, you never expect to produce one I guess.

Here's some recent pic of Kodi Bear...
Kodi!

IMG_0658

IMG_0699

This is Naum...
Naum

And Luytiy...
Luytiy

And Masha...
Masha

----

Comments

• OMG! He's going to be HUGE! You can tell that he is so much a puppy still. He's got a lot of growing and filling out to do. His head looks like it's still going to get a lot bigger too.

You might have to buy a 2nd dog ranch just to hold him. ha ha ha.
  • Haha, he is SOO HUGE! But he's still adorable! lol :D
  • Dude, Masha looks like a pip-squeak by comparison to the boys. :-)
  • Are you sure he is not one that will mature early and then slow in growth some? Some lines in many breeds can develop or spurt at different rates. Just a thought. Out of curiosity, how big is too big for this breed?

Snf
  • This is Archi, one of my favorite COs. He is 32inches tall and 216lbs with A-Stamp hips. I would say he is the top of the food chain as far as size goes while still being healthy enough to work.

http://www.a-sloboda.ru/media/4b3fdca1e7df36a4b29b68ae3bf8d2eb.jpg
    http://www.a-sloboda.ru/Kavkazskie_ovcharki/Dogs/archi/

Your point about maturing early as opposed to maturing late, I thought about that too. But, he is very young, at this rate even if he slowed at 9 months or a year he would rival his dad in size. Also, that would be very abnormal for a CO since they are notoriously late finishers, Most male CO will not reach their full weight until 5 years old. Luytiy is 3 and is still thickening up.

But, who knows... Kodi could stop growing in a few months. Dog's never stop surprising me, as soon as I think I know what I'm talking about I meet a dog that completely changes my mind.

----
  • "This is Archi, one of my favorite COs. He is 32inches tall and 216lbs with A-Stamp hips. I would say he is the top of the food chain as far as size goes while still being healthy enough to work."

Good lord. That thing looks like a bear.
  • I LOVE ARCHI!!! He's amazing!
  • Kodi is huge! Huge! And still such a puppy face! I love his facial markings which are very similar to Oskars...Love the third pic!
  • He is definitely a big boy! I agree that he is still very much a puppy. It will be fun to watch how he continues to mature.

Are we going to start a poll to guess his mature weight? :)
  • I would've never guessed he was that big by the photos!

He looks like a cute little puppy to me lol ~
  • WOW! He's heavier than Kuma by 18lbs, and Kuma is almost 3! He looks awesome, he has his mom's looks (i love Masha) and he's going on his dad's size, or bigger. That's great!
    It's also pretty impressive that Naum is taller than Luytiy!