Akiyama no Roushya Kokuchou go - Fionnuala, the black sesame Kishu Ken

Fionnuala was returned to me at 8 months of age. Her DOB is 7/9/2017. She was my co-own pup, and my pick (as Nami's only female pup form this litter) to retain for my kennel.

She's turned into a hyper-intelligent, easily motivated dog who follows commands like a whip - a treat I am NOT used to in Kishu Ken, and one of the things that sometimes stresses me out about more "biddable" dogs. For some reason, Fionnuala just manages to be a pleasure to teach, to enjoy time out with, and to cuddle with.

I have been casually looking for a co-owner in the PNW for Fionnuala, but we are happy to have her here until such a time we can find a home that suits her needs, and mine.

Fionnuala is a little homely, and has some faults I am trying to breed away from. She has a snipey muzzle I'm not super fond of, and that black mask I really dislike, and is a little light in bone for me... but I think she's an overall improvement on her sire's type, and may improve a bit as she matures, as her sire did.

Old puppy photos:

Comments

• I have new pictures of Miss Nuala. She got into a spat with Fionna, her half-sister today. Fionna seemed to be of the opinion Fionnuala should no longer be in her yard and tried to remove her. A few shallow cuts, but nothing serious. Now the girls are on rotation with the boys.

JUMP!

I wish her face were a little wider - her muzzle is somewhat snipey, which is a fault she shares with her sire, but I think her expression and ears are a bit better than his.

Trying to get her to stand. Not perfect, but I'll take it. It's a good place from where we started.

Noola will be 1 year old in a handful of days, along with her brothers Raiden, Winter, and Khan. :)