Looking for shikoku to visit

Hello, I am doing my prep work to hopefully add a Shikoku to my home at some point in the future and it's been recommended that I meet one beforehand. I would love to, but I have yet to even see one where I live in Nova Scotia. Wondering if anyone knows of any Shikoku anywhere on the eastern coast of Canada.
I currently have a shiba inu and a KBD, and recently lost an akita inu so not completely unfamiliar with challenging, prey driven dogs :)
Thanks,
Jennifer

Comments

• edited December 2017
    There are a couple people in Ontario and Quebec, I think? There was recently a meetup in Ontaio (iirc) on the "I Love My Shikoku" facebook page with a handful of Shikoku posted in the picture.

You might have some luck if you join there, if you have a Facebook.

ETA... I think some of the owners are on the forum, but I don't know how long it will take them to see this!
  • Hey there, I'm from Ontario - I haven't heard of any in Nova Scotia yet, but it might be helpful to ask a few breeders to see if they've shipped dogs that way.

Someone in our group here will head East maybe once a year, but they said their next trip is not anytime soon :(
  • Thank you for your replies. I will check out the FB groups to see if anyone is planning a trip this way. I am not in a huge rush - I am down to 2 dogs which is much easier for me to handle. And I imagine my KBD will keep me busy for a good many years to come - she is only 2 1/2. Just exploring options so when new puppy time comes, I'm not starting from scratch.